MrBoJangles_91 Build - Completed - Page 22 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 148Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #211 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 05:52 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

2011 Metallic Green ❌terra PRO-4X T-Swap'd

^^ was really worried this meant you were selling your X before I saw in the other thread that you were just going in a different direction for RTT

Build Page -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Trip Photos Page -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Mods first - life later."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Northwest Xterra Club (NWXC) Club Moderator
2010 Knight Armor ❌terra X Utility 4x4

Garage
Ha! Yeah... nope. I have to much blood, sweat and tears into the xterra to sell it. I'm going to get a hard shell tent instead
AlbatrossCafe likes this.

My On-Going Build >

post #213 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 07:13 PM
Veteran
2005 Xterra TS/LCKD/4:56/35" Edition & S Model DD for handme downs

Is any Rig ever REALLY Completed?

post #214 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHaynesUSA View Post
Is any Rig ever REALLY Completed?
It..... never.... is

My On-Going Build >

post #215 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 09:34 PM
Lifetime Premium Member - AKA MetalJohnny
2010 Night Armor ❌terra S

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBoJangles_91 View Post
So far no codes shown. Idle seems normal. I'll mark down the rpms when I fire her up on my way home.
My passenger side cam position sensor pooped out on me and threw no codes the first time I had issues with it. My rig lost power while driving so I parked it and shut down. Wouldn’t restart. Started up just fine an hour later, no CEL at all. A week after that it had troubles starting, and when it finally dit it ran like crap, but this time threw a code for the sensor. I had 75K miles on my rig at the time. Hopefully it’s something else. Changing the passenger side cam position sensor was as much fun as getting a prostate exam from Andre the Giant; a real pain in the a$$.

post #216 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHunter View Post
My passenger side cam position sensor pooped out on me and threw no codes the first time I had issues with it. My rig lost power while driving so I parked it and shut down. Wouldn’t restart. Started up just fine an hour later, no CEL at all. A week after that it had troubles starting, and when it finally dit it ran like crap, but this time threw a code for the sensor. I had 75K miles on my rig at the time. Hopefully it’s something else. Changing the passenger side cam position sensor was as much fun as getting a prostate exam from Andre the Giant; a real pain in the a$$.
Yeah, I'm not to sure what it is. So far this has only happened twice. Both after running on forest roads for a few hours and both at 2000ft + elevation. And now that I think about it, both times on the Olympic Peninsula....
RockHunter likes this.

My On-Going Build >

post #217 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
New tent. Sold the old Tepui on CL in less than 12 hours. A local 4x4 store dropped the Tepui Lightning in price by $1000 so I hopped on it. The thing is AWESOME. 4 buckles and it is set up in less than 15 seconds. Didn't get to camp this weekend as I was busy but will be testing it out next weekend and I am stoked!

My On-Going Build >

post #218 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 12:03 AM
Veteran
2010 X

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBoJangles_91 View Post
New tent. Sold the old Tepui on CL in less than 12 hours. A local 4x4 store dropped the Tepui Lightning in price by $1000 so I hopped on it. The thing is AWESOME. 4 buckles and it is set up in less than 15 seconds. Didn't get to camp this weekend as I was busy but will be testing it out next weekend and I am stoked!

Looks great. Was the setup time the primary consideration for the swjtch?

Whats the weight of the new one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #219 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eighty View Post
Looks great. Was the setup time the primary consideration for the swjtch?

Whats the weight of the new one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A few things. The zipper on the rain tarp was a PITA. Plus it was never any fun breaking down the old tent in the rain. This one works better on the gobi, it's much more streamlined / aerodynamic. It was functional crossbars.

Downside, is its 195 lbs.
eighty likes this.

My On-Going Build >

post #220 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Drove out to central Washington for a quick trip to unplug and relax. Tested out the Tepui and did some trail running with the pup. Was just what I needed. Camped at 3900ft elevation and it got cold and windy. The tent didn't budge against the wind.

The eastern side of the mountains is so beautiful.

Complete photo album located here
https://photos.app.goo.gl/jVbNLWsc3bMARrSx7
websch likes this.

My On-Going Build >

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > Member's Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode