Chase's Hell Cat: 35's T-SWAPED Into the UNITAS - Page 17 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 114Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #161 of 187 (permalink) Old 06-09-2018, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

2007 Avalanche White ❌terra S-TSWAP

Send a message via Skype™ to Chase5Hart
Hey guys so in my prep for moab and college in Utah I've finished skid plating the entire X, painted the front part of the frame, and I did a single AAL while I was at it, I took surfs advice and installed without the overload leaf. The rig definitely handles smaller bumps better and I got a bit more droop, limiting factor is the shocks but yeah it'll do until the leafs are flat and I eventually get Alcan leaves and new rear shocks. Overall Im happy with the improvement for just a little $$. Also ill cut off the swap bar perches tomorrow, ran out of time today.

SHIFT_X likes this.

Click Here for my Build >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Well its been a few months, so figured its time to throw up my final Raptor Liner review. I would now give it a 4/5 if I wouldn't have gotten a refund from amazon. But since it ended up just being my labor, all things considered ill go 4.5/5. Honestly, you get what you put in, all my prep on the outside payed off, and the streaking from the hail is no completely gone with the Georgia heat finally curing the car. I think it looks good for a DIY, and is a good way to protect a vehicle that will be used offroad. I eventually plan on buying a bike and a DD after college so then this thing will be trail only and just for fun (i.e. my decision to raptor liner rather than get a wrap). That said, the raptor is not as strong as advertised nor does it cure as fast as they say. I applied following the instructions to the letter, and conditions were well within spec. Also their customer service is horrible, I absolutely hated the rep they sent me, and he did not offer any help when I was dealing with streaking for a month while the raptor actually cured. Regardless, its a good product for the money and I've gotten countless complements at the gym, restaurants, work, and everywhere in between because its something unique. I've always been one to try and deviate aesthetically and this really does that for the X now too. My tepui also matches the car better now lol and the rig just looks bad ass imo.

Off topic: Also I'll be doing the alpine loop and moab in the beginning of August if anyone is wanting to tag along lmk, of if you want to follow a more frequently updated source my ig is now @chase.xterra

Thanks for reading and if you have any questions let me know.
Chase

Also figured I would add a pic of the molle panel I won at WENT now that its got everything I want on it.
SHIFT_X and AlbatrossCafe like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #163 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 10:29 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

2011 Metallic Green ❌terra PRO-4X T-Swap'd

Can you take a couple of close up pics near some of the edges? It is hard to see the texture from a distance. The color selection turned out great.

Build Page -

Trip Photos Page -

"Mods first - life later."

post #164 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbatrossCafe View Post
Can you take a couple of close up pics near some of the edges? It is hard to see the texture from a distance. The color selection turned out great.
Yeah I’ll get some tomorrow

post #165 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

@AlbatrossCafe the first pic is super zoomed in so it doesn't look that harsh to the naked eye

post #166 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 01:13 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

2011 Metallic Green ❌terra PRO-4X T-Swap'd

Nice, definitely looks very "tough".
Chase5Hart likes this.

Build Page -

Trip Photos Page -

"Mods first - life later."
post #167 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 01:14 PM
Veteran & LPM
2010 ❌terra S & 2010 Frontier SE

Garage
Looks solid man!
Chase5Hart likes this.

>
&

>

>
|
post #168 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 08:12 AM
2012 Night Armor Xterra S 4x4

I love it! Makes me want to line x my titan. One of my auto body buddies does raptor liner though. May talk to him.
post #169 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanks guys, and yeah Derek I agree, i think it works well with the color though and everyone that sees it in person says it looks better than the white. But if i had a newer X with a metallic blue or green there is no way I would raptorize it.
AlbatrossCafe likes this.

post #170 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 11:00 AM
Veteran
2006 Midnight Blue Xterra SE

Garage
Wow this thing looks amazing!
Chase5Hart likes this.

2006 Nissan Xterra:

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > Member's Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode