The Little Earwig that Could (GF and I both like insects, Earwigs being my favorite, so she helped me decide on this one.)
Viair Dual 400C OBA w/ 2 gallon tank setup installed, and m226 axle is installed. Ordered a maxgear rear bumper so that should be here around the end of the year!
Got my Shrockworks bumper installed! Bought it off Polar Bear. I still need to align it a little bit better, as it's lower on one side than the other, but it was rainy and cold when we did the install.
I'll get more photos up, here's one without the skid:
Bought her back in April of 2015 so I've had her for about a year, and about the time I registered here. I posted a few photos back then of her. She had 117,000 on her and I got screwed by a CarMax as they have been a pain in the butt when it comes to getting things fixed.
The previous owners were from Wisconsin and she has a lot of rust damage to the suspension, but the frame and body look good.
Prior to her I owned a 1998 R50 Nissan Pathfinder.
Intro Image (With the NissTec Ultimate Extended travel RadFlo package with OME/Dakar leaf packs installed):
(Not lifted) Out-in-nature photo:
First image I took of her:
Kenwood Excelon DDX-7019 Touchscreen Entertainment System.
Discreet Kenwood Excelon KNA-G510 Garmin Maps-based GPS Unit, plugs into DDX-7019 Touchscreen system.
Removed 'Nerf' Sliders/Side rails.
NissTec Radflo Extended Travel Ultimate Kit
(Installed 8/14/2016, Aligned 8/15/2016).
RadFlo 2.0 Extended Travel Coilovers with 650lb Med/HD spring Rate
SPC Upper Control Arms
Front Cam Bolt Kit
OME CS061R XL 2.5 inch Lift Leaf Pack
Rear Shocks: 5100 Ext Travel Bilsteins (2-2.5 inch lift)
1" Top Plate Spacer from NissTec
Specs are 38" in the front from ground to fender wheel well, and 37.5" in the rear. I need to dial my front down about 0.75-1.00 inches, as my coilovers came predialed at 1.78" and 1.80", this should also give me a more comfortable ride in the long run, BUT regardless the ride is amazingly better. I had a broken leaf spring and my rear shocks were so bad it took over a minute for them to come back up when compressed, and you could compress them by hand much easier than the new Bilsteins, but I do wish I had some RadFlos in the rear instead.
This was a huge project regardless- I organized a mod&greet with another member of the NorthWest Xterra Club, we expected it to take mabye 6-12 hours, but we ended up spending maybe 22+ hours doing the install. Both LCAs had to be cut out, both of the bolts in the front eyes of the leaf springs were also seized so badly they had to be cut out. This thing was a rust bucket underneath. The body and frame are incredibly intact and have very little corrosion, but all the suspension and braking parts are pitted to all hell. The original owners were again from Wisconsin.
Now M226 swapped with the e-locker!
Lifted image but with all the old parts, plus rotors and calipers and other stuff in the back, needs to be lowered in the front but it balances it when not loaded.
Here is the broken leaf spring and other parts.
Photos and Videos:
Latest Photos and mods:
Removed the mudflaps and such:
Measuring my Stock Droop:
Stereo setup w/ GPS Antenna:
My Third attempt to move to Portland from Reno (Tried various times in my 20's, this time in my 30's and it's successful), the engine was quite capable compared to my old R50.
(A little tribute to the R50 with these two photos).
Some videos of 4x4ing in the Blue Mountain Range near La Grande, OR.
Lots of Roadtrips through Oregon and such: