- I bought someone else's HID Retrofit
- Both sides were aimed at the ground (like literally, one of them was aimed a few feet in front of the bumper
- Both sides were not responding to adjustment screw
- No sealant in headlights
- Only one side turned on after about a week
- The solenoid that triggers hi-beam in the passenger side only worked after giving it a good slap or hitting a pothole
NO one would touch these things. Not any shop, and especially not myself. I finally got referred to Blackout Retrofit
in Seattle who was willing to take on the work and I am so glad I did.
This guy spent 3 hours tearing apart my housings and telling me everything that was wrong as I hung out. He also rerouted a bunch of my wires, remounted ballasts in better locations, and even fixed a broken terminal connection on the battery from my winch while he was in there. The best part is, he did 3h of work for a STEAL of a price. I actually paid him literally double what he was asking and I thought that was totally fair. 10/10 great experience and would recommend.
Now I have super-bright HIDs that look and work fantastic. Love the "minimalist" look of these as opposed to ones with all the painted shrouds, halos etc.