PhullD Build Page - Planning the Trip out West - Page 39 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 158Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #381 of 390 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
NewX’er 4life
2015 Super Black ❌terra Pro-4X 6MT Limited

Garage
Dual battery is done. I used the National Luna kit, minus their battery terminals and a couple other things. I still have to paint the tray/cages and hold-downs with Por15 rust paint. That stuff takes hours to dry though so I decided to button everything up and test it out for now. Only thing I've noticed is the controller seems to stay lit for a while. I didn't wait to see if it eventually shut off, guess I'll check it tomorrow.

Pic 1, the copper is weld-thru primer:

Pic 2 with the flash on so you can see the solenoid in the back:
NWCoffeeGuy likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PhullD; 07-04-2019 at 10:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #382 of 390 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
NewX’er 4life

Garage
Finished with the POR15.
NWCoffeeGuy, SledheadX and kolsky like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #383 of 390 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
NewX’er 4life

Garage
In talks with Roofnest about a package deal for a RTT, mounts and an awning. They agreed to offer me something and are going to call me tomorrow. Even before the deal the package is cheaper than the iKamper tent I was looking at. Roofnest also includes a longer ladder, shoe pockets and a couple other things you would have to pay extra for with iKamper.

post #384 of 390 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 10:07 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

2007 Avalanche White ❌terra S-TSWAP

Send a message via Skype™ to Chase5Hart
Those roof nest tents are awesome, I really want to get a hard shell eventually or a trailer... or both lol

Click Here for my Build >
post #385 of 390 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
NewX’er 4life

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase5Hart View Post
Those roof nest tents are awesome, I really want to get a hard shell eventually or a trailer... or both lol
Well if you aren't busy in September I'm gonna be in Colorado and Utah at some point, you could come see it in person!
Chase5Hart likes this.

post #386 of 390 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 10:20 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2014 Knight Armor ❌terra Pro-4X

I've had a Roofnest Sparrow Eye for almost a year now and I love it. SUPER easy to setup and take down.

>
post #387 of 390 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
NewX’er 4life

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhberria View Post
I've had a Roofnest Sparrow Eye for almost a year now and I love it. SUPER easy to setup and take down.
Nice to hear, I went for the exact setup that's in the awning gallery here. They told me the tent in the images was the Eagle and the 60" Rocky Mounts were the ones being used, does that look about right to you?

post #388 of 390 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 11:53 PM
TNX Realm Noobie

Nice build
PhullD likes this.
post #389 of 390 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 10:23 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2014 Knight Armor ❌terra Pro-4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhullD View Post
Quote:
Nice to hear, I went for the exact setup that's in the awning gallery here. They told me the tent in the images was the Eagle and the 60" Rocky Mounts were the ones being used, does that look about right to you?
I'm not sure about the Rocky Mounts, but be advised. I actually had an Eagle Eye originally. The mounting rails on the tent were slightly too wide for the Yakima round bars and mounts I have on the X. I had to mount the tent significantly off center, which was fairly annoying. Thankfully, the Eagle I received was actually damaged during shipping. Roofnest let me exchange it for the newer Sparrow Eye which was the perfect width for my Yakima Cross bars. The Eagle on that X looks centered, so you shouldn't have that issue.

I will say that the Eagle was a much better size for two people. The Sparrow is perfect for just me, but when the wife camps with me it is a little tight.

>
post #390 of 390 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 01:05 AM Thread Starter
NewX’er 4life

Garage
Quote:
I'm not sure about the Rocky Mounts, but be advised. I actually had an Eagle Eye originally. The mounting rails on the tent were slightly too wide for the Yakima round bars and mounts I have on the X. I had to mount the tent significantly off center, which was fairly annoying. Thankfully, the Eagle I received was actually damaged during shipping. Roofnest let me exchange it for the newer Sparrow Eye which was the perfect width for my Yakima Cross bars. The Eagle on that X looks centered, so you shouldn't have that issue.

I will say that the Eagle was a much better size for two people. The Sparrow is perfect for just me, but when the wife camps with me it is a little tight.
Thanks for the feedback. I got their rocky mounts so I should be good, that's what the X in the picture is using.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > Member's Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode