Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Sacramento Area

8K views 47 replies 20 participants last post by  BigfootX 
#1 ·
How many Xterra owners are in the Sacramento, Rancho Cordova, Folsom, Roseville area ?

#37 ·
Hey Sac folks! I'm working on installing my Dual Batts and swapping out my Big 3 at my work's warehouse (more room/tools) on Saturday. There's a possibility that a buddy from work will be helping me, but he's not sure. If anyone wants to help or provide expertise/knowledge (and a second car for the home Depot runs) I would welcome the help!!

Because this all needs to get done in one day, I have not had a chance to measure out the area where's the new batteries will go, or figure out how to attach them. I did buy 2 steel battery boxes to hold them. Can provide more info in a message.

Message me! Bonus points if you have crimps for 0 gauge wire.

#38 ·
I have not had a chance to measure out the area where's the new batteries will go, or figure out how to attach them.
Ummm, this is not the kind of thing you want to do by the seat of your pants.
There are quite a number of really nice build threads with dual battery setups that will provide excellent guidance.
"Locally", ChrisHaynesUSA, GeoXplorer both have nice dual battery configurations.

Here's one for starters:
https://www.thenewx.org/forum/15-how-tos/30100-how-dual-battery-install-under-hood-pbr.html

Google "dual batter" site:www.thenewx.org for plenty of others.

#39 ·
I have absolutely read all of those!! I'm not flying by the seat. ? Chris Haynes had to specially modify a Kodiak setup and the GeoXplorer built custom trays from sheet metal. That all had to be done off the cuff once the batteries were out and they had a chance to place the box in and figure out where the mount points could go. There's no other way to do it. None of the builds I've seen have posted directions on how they specifically fabbed up their trays except GeoExplorer and he was using Optimas not Odysseys. Unfortunately I can see no other way to not have the battery out and determine where bolts will sit. If you have a suggestion for tackling that I would be VERY amenable. I like to do things clean and correct. I'm looking to spend however long it takes to get this done correctly. If it means taking the battery out temporarily, maybe that's what I'll have to do. But trust me, I've read through and looked an a number of different threads, I *kinda* know what I'm in for, though one can never be positive!

#40 · (Edited)
Maybe your concern is about the trays? I have these steel trays/hold-downs. The batteries are Odyssey 1200s, which we know fit very nicely from Chris's setup. And I do at LEAST know that I have the clearance for the trays. The trays have a flat sheet bottom and optional tabs for connection points for bolting in. I just don't have precise locations for bolts. I have all the wire, and the solenoid/controller from National Luna.

I really do appreciate the input, and I would love to have some help and more knowledge, but there's only so much reading and planning I can do before I just have to get in there and do the damn thing. ?

Attachments

#41 ·
I really do appreciate the input, and I would love to have some help and more knowledge, but there's only so much reading and planning I can do before I just have to get in there and do the damn thing.
No worries, Taylor. If I wasn't working I'd be glad to run out and d̶r̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶r̶ help turn a wrench.
Certainly sounds as if you have your ducks in a row to begin. I'm sure you'll get it; wish I could offer some guidance, but I'm a single battery user at the moment.

#43 ·
Sorry to post and disappear for a while haha

So yeah, I have a 2006 that's pretty modded and has a ham radio as well. I "finished" up my camping trailer build a little while ago and am itching to get it out.

A meet and greet would be awesome!! Let's all get together, meet, and check out each other's rigs!

#44 ·
Hi guys, newer to the Sacramento area (Elk Grove). I moved here from Portland, OR about 2 years ago. Have had the xterra for about 5 years now and just recently put on the PRG advance lift kit and added 33s with some Fuel vector wheels. Coming from the NW I enjoy the great outdoors such as camping, fishing, hiking, kayaking, ohv trails, etc. I have an 05, SE trim. I'm looking to add the m223 rear end (already acquired front 336 diff) to gain the elocker function, I think that's the most economical way to go with a locking rear setup. If you have one let me know, they are hard to come by anymore it seems.

Hope to meet some of you either at a future meet or on the trail.

-Tommy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.