Black Rock Desert AND HIGH ROCK CANYON 2019 ~ May 15-19 2019 - Page 11 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 124 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Veteran
2005 Xterra TS/LCKD/4:56/35" Edition & S Model DD for handme downs

ready,
lime squeezer is packed
Campisi was nice enough to carry a couple of boxes.
one of which has 15 pounds of limes and 6 pounds of mandarins
and another with 3 bottles of tequila and 2 bottles of Gran Marnier

I bought 100 pounds of dry ice this morning and will use it in the Pelican cooler to keep regular ice nice and frozen for our margaritas.
SunnyvaleX brought 1 box of firewood and we will need to stop and pickup a couple of more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 124 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 12:25 AM
Super Moderator
2005 Red Brawn ❌terra Off Road

Garage
I will be leaving about 7:30 a.m. Wednesday with an ETA at Bruno's Shell in Gerlach about 1-1:30.

What is the final head count? Who is in and who isn't?
post #103 of 124 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 02:22 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
2005 Night Armor ❌terra Off-Road - Overlanding Build

Have fun and be safe guys!

Support small businesses that support us! -

post #104 of 124 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
Veteran
2005 Xterra TS/LCKD/4:56/35" Edition & S Model DD for handme downs

N0.NAME......CITY.........STATEHAM license...Still IN?In Wedin Thurs
1CHUSASan JoseCAyesYESYES 
2XKNUTElk Grove CAyesYesYES 
3Mr BillsRedding CAyesYesYES 
4LNXPenguinEastbayCAYesYesYES 
5nworkerP PalisadesCAYesYESYES 
6campisisan joseCAyesyesYES 
7mistachaelsan joseCAyesyesYES 
8VetXsquaredSt GeorgeUTyesyesYES 
9CKAYAKSsan jose CAyesyes YES
10GeoXplorer CampbellCAyes yes YES
11TurtleXOaklandCAyesyes YES

8 rigs will be coming out on Wednesday .

Dave , VetXsquared and I have pax 1 each
3 rigs coming out on Thursday

11 rigs
14 Pax

I'm up lets roll!!!

post #105 of 124 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 09:14 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
2010 Super Black ❌terra Off Road

Garage
I'll pick up a couple boxes of firewood on the way in. Have 6 or 8 jars of tannerite. Anything else needed?

Plan is to meet GeoXplorer and TurtleX in Fernley tonight. Head to Soldier Meadow in the morning.

"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea." Isak Dinesen
post #106 of 124 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 10:23 AM
Veteran

I'm mobile ... see y'all very soon!

2005 Grey OR MT
Radflo Coilovers, 750# Eibach Springs. Deaver AAl w/Bilstein 5125s.

post #107 of 124 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 04:28 AM
2013 Pro4X 6M/T
2013 Night Armor ❌terra Pro-4X 6MT

I had to break off from the group to attend to matters around home. I made it back safely about an hour ago after a marathon 9.5 hour drive home. It was a great trip even with the weird weather patterns. We lucked out in the sense that it wasn't nearly as cold as the first trip I went on 2 years ago, or as cold as last year's for that matter. The fact that we had cabins available to us for use to keep warm in was a huge plus. The trip through High Rock Canyon was really fun, especially with the what seemed like endless water crossings. I finally got to test out my new tires on something other than pavement, and my impression overall after 1200 miles on the Milestar Patagonia M/Ts is favorable. More to follow after I get a bit of sleep.

On a side note, as I was headed back home, just past the California/Nevada agriculture inspection point, it began to snow. By the time I got to Donner Summit, it was near white out conditions. I stopped at the rest area and the flurries died down, the new tires remained sure footed throughout the whole drive home. Snow was falling and sticking to about 4000 feet, where it turned to rain just a few miles short of Dutch Flat. As I approached Auburn, I heard a friendly voice on the VHF national hailing frequency (146.520) calling CQ looking for travelers. Apparently, there are several HAMs in the Sacramento through Reno area that monitor the frequencies in their spare time in case there are HAMs in need of vehicular assistance, I thought it was a great resource for us to be aware of on future trips. I wish more people would take the time to do this. I was also told that there is a repeater in the area 147.150 PL 127 that is monitored for travelers in need of help between Sacramento and Reno. I will research more and post on it.

Professional amateur wanderer
post #108 of 124 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I said my goodbyes to the group mid-day Saturday and headed home. The weather got progressively worse as I headed west on Hwy 299 with one stretch of downhill switchbacks in heavy rain and complete whiteout. However, I made it to my destination by 3:15, unscathed.

Trip Report

Cattle guard.
Germans.
Snickers Bar.

You had to be there.

Last edited by Mr. Bills; 05-19-2019 at 03:13 PM.
post #109 of 124 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 03:22 PM
2013 Pro4X 6M/T
2013 Night Armor ❌terra Pro-4X 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bills View Post
I said my goodbyes to the group mid-day Saturday and headed home. The weather got progressively worse as I headed west on Hwy 299 with one stretch of downhill switchbacks in heavy rain and complete whiteout. However, I made it to my destination by 3:15, unscathed.

Trip Report

Cattle guard.
Germans.
Snickers Bar.

You had to be there. <a href="https://thenewx.org/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Wink" >:-)</a>
S-turn!

Professional amateur wanderer
post #110 of 124 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
And don't forget the distinction between a Dove Bar and the plebeian ice cream sandwich and how that distinction is treated in American jurisprudence when one communicates the intent to transport the first as a gesture of hospitality but supplies the other instead.

And Pack Rats and ticks, oh my!

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Regions > Pacific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in