Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

What has The X Done to My Wallet Lately?

7M views 30K replies 2K participants last post by  GreenBay1921 
#1 ·
Getting hot on the mods already. :)

Just interior for right now, but these were top priority.

Friday I ordered my ScanGaugeII w/ Blendmount. (paid $179 for the same package last year, $206 is how much they cost now! :( )

And a few minutes ago, I got the rear cargo barrier from Raingler.

Can't decide what we're doing next. But at 1500mi, I"m switching everything to Mobil 1.

So what have you all done lately for your X? :hello2:

#28,281 ·
Yeah the Odyssey PC1200s. Honestly, even after reading GeoXplorer's very detailed thread I still found some steps difficult. But it's done now! ? I imagined I was going to be able to replace the Big Three, but that turned out not to be possible given my knowledge and tools. Which is a bummer, but maybe someday I'll be able to swap them out.
Replace the big three?

#28,284 ·
Reinstalled the front sway bar with the extended length end links I made following the how to on this forum. Will have to test out offroad performance but it's safe to drive on road at speed again.

You feel the little bumps much more but now stability control doesn't turn on when going through the curves on the highway. Much less body roll.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: scoyoc
#28,285 ·
I finally got around to swapping the LCA bump stops from factory to energy suspension 9.9101 i beleive is the model number. the conical shaped ones, they added about a half inch of height over the stock ones, which were surprisingly thicker than i thought upon removal. but, u suppose it will help prevent over stuffing the shocks and maybe help even/ smooth out the ride in certain instances.

did a general check of the under body, looking for rust, leaking fluids, loose grounds etc. found a slight leak at the oil drain plug, theres no drips in my driveway so it must just be seeping out enough to wet the pan..i checked the plug and it was tight, so i just cleaned it off and will keep an eye on it, oil level is good. other than that all was well, its really hard to do this stuff in the winter so i tend to kinda neglect it during the winter and then make up for it come spring, i got a few maintenance things planned for the near future.

I want to replace the exhaust but i always end up just leaving it as is cause why fix what aint broke??

Oh yeah, almost forgot! i removed the front mud flaps. there is a definite outline left in the paint but its not that bad unless up close. I like the look with them off and while removing them i can understand how if(when) they get ripped off it could damage the fender screw retainers and cause a headache.

that said, it rained today and i could surely tell more road debris on the panels behind the front wheels.

#28,286 ·
Oh yeah, almost forgot! i removed the front mud flaps. there is a definite outline left in the paint but its not that bad unless up close.
You my friend need to buy some of Meguiar's Ultimate Compound, it's a super gentle compound that you can buff that those marks out with. The stuff is awesome, I use it on my headlights about once every 2 months to keep them clear, another time I was able to get a bunch of old water marks off the hood with it.

#28,287 ·
Got rid of all the orange.

Added some blue to the speedo, some accented colors for the fuel and oil temp gauge. Didn't want to go overboard with the colors, but I kinda like it.

Had a little scare when I pulled a CEL after unplugging the combo meter with the key still in. My OBD cleared it nicely though. [emoji28]

I have the LCD polarizing film for the little screens, but couldn't figure out how to peel off the old stuff. [emoji19]

#28,288 ·

Added some blue to the speedo, some accented colors for the fuel and oil temp gauge. Didn't want to go overboard with the colors, but I kinda like it.

Had a little scare when I pulled a CEL after unplugging the combo meter with the key still in. My OBD cleared it nicely though. [emoji28]

I have the LCD polarizing film for the little screens, but couldn't figure out how to peel off the old stuff. [emoji19]
I just love this!! Man it looks awesome

#28,289 ·

This is definitely one of the best ones that I've seen, especially the various colors. I would totally be willing to buy one just like it off of you!!

#28,290 ·
This is definitely one of the best ones that I've seen, especially the various colors. I would totally be willing to buy one just like it off of you!![/quote @MeHere! Thanks! I can't take credit since it wasn't my idea, but it's definitely one of my favorite mods!
@Taylor Spaulding Well, I don't have a spare one, but I DO have a lot of the proper LEDs and plenty of the transparent sheeting left. Not sure where you're at but if you're anywhere near San Diego, I'd be happy to mod one for ya. Wasn't too difficult. Haha. [emoji16]

#28,293 · (Edited)
didn't have to use the torx socket to take the studs out, just tapped with a hammer while turning with vice grips.
You're going to want to keep those studs for if you ever have to pull the plenum again, it will make it 900x easier putting it back on.

Yeah the Odyssey PC1200s. Honestly, even after reading GeoXplorer's very detailed thread I still found some steps difficult. But it's done now! ? I imagined I was going to be able to replace the Big Three, but that turned out not to be possible given my knowledge and tools. Which is a bummer, but maybe someday I'll be able to swap them out.
Do your own how-to then and describe what you did different for others to reference.

I need to quit being lazy and order the LEDs needed for this already. be a nice project to do on a rainy day. which is frequent.

#28,294 ·
I need to quit being lazy and order the LEDs needed for this already. be a nice project to do on a rainy day. which is frequent.
You and me both, I really want to change the abs/slip and overdrive lights to a different color because whenever I disable those systems with the mod it looks like a junker with all of those yellow and red lights on the dash.

#28,295 ·
You and me both, I really want to change the abs/slip and overdrive lights to a different color because whenever I disable those systems with the mod it looks like a junker with all of those yellow and red lights on the dash.
FWIW, I think the LEDs for the indicators like the VDC, Slip, etc. are different than the illuminating orange LEDs. They looked a bit bigger than the ones I was soldering in and more square shaped than rectangular. [emoji2371]

If I don't get called into work today, I'll be opening up the heat/ac control panel to see if I can change the lighting in those too. [emoji51][emoji51] Then the door window control panels. I'll see what I can come up with. [emoji16]

#28,296 ·
FWIW, I think the LEDs for the indicators like the VDC, Slip, etc. are different than the illuminating orange LEDs. They looked a bit bigger than the ones I was soldering in and more square shaped than rectangular. [emoji2371]

If I don't get called into work today, I'll be opening up the heat/ac control panel to see if I can change the lighting in those too. [emoji51][emoji51] Then the door window control panels. I'll see what I can come up with. [emoji16]
I was just browsing through another thread on them and noticed that they looked larger. Is that primarily just because they are warning lights/brighter than the regular illumination lights?

#28,297 ·
I was just browsing through another thread on them and noticed that they looked larger. Is that primarily just because they are warning lights/brighter than the regular illumination lights?
That would definitely be my guess. I guess I'll have to research that a little more myself since the ABS, VDC off mod is definitely in my near future too. Haha.

#28,298 ·
That would definitely be my guess. I guess I'll have to research that a little more myself since the ABS, VDC off mod is definitely in my near future too. Haha.
Haha yeah it's harder to explain to people that it's a good thing when you flip that switch and the dash lights up red/yellow all over the place for sure. I've been through 5 threads now and still don't see where anyone says what type of smd's they used, is it 1206?

#28,299 ·
Haha yeah it's harder to explain to people that it's a good thing when you flip that switch and the dash lights up red/yellow all over the place for sure. I've been through 5 threads now and still don't see where anyone says what type of smd's they used, is it 1206?
Yeah the ones I replaced were 1206s. I got a bunch of strips of different colors for like 15 bucks on Amazon. FleaBay has em too.

#28,300 ·
Yeah the ones I replaced were 1206s. I got a bunch of strips of different colors for like 15 bucks on Amazon. FleaBay has em too.
Oh nice thanks man, I think I'm going to get white so I can change the color with film vs re-soldering. Size-wise do you think the 1206 would fit the vdc led location? I'd be ok with less brightness for sure on those if that was the trade off.