TNX Realm Noobie
2012 Metallic Green Xterra S
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Dartmouth, NS, Canada
I live in Halifax and have been pretty much everywhere you mentioned. If you are still planning to come, PM/ LMK and I can give you some ideas. To answer your questions though:
- bugs are not an issue if you are in the cities. Once in the rural areas, Mother's Day to Father's Day there are blackflies. No more mosquitos than anywhere else.
- Cape Breton is nice, but will take 2-3 days to get there and visit and see it.
- Halifax is a good 'base of operations'. Lots to see and do.
- What do you like ? Wilderness / off roading ? Craft beer and or /wines ? There is lots of that within 1-2hrs of Halifax.
- There might be a few things you would like to see in New Brunswick (i.e. Saint John) , but they don't call it 'the province in the way' for nothing.
good luck !