Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) - View Single Post - ** The Dumb Question Thread **
View Single Post
post #1115 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 02:07 PM
Kirzzy
Senior Member / (Q4WC) Club Moderator
2013 Silver Lightning ❌terra TS/LCKD/4.10 33's S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Tarfun View Post
While driving not on purpose haha. I think it would rattle like crazy if you tried it on a trail, you'd almost need something flexible to put in between the hood and the truck to prevent that. I wonder though if there would be any downsides to that though.

This is just a theory but I think air being forced in from the top would increase the air pressure in the engine bay and make it harder for the radiator fan to push air into it. So the radiator would have a harder time cooling due to reduced airflow through the fins. Just a guess, it would be cool to do a temp test and see if it that actually matters.

So, here in the desert heat, when we get over 115 and heads up to 122 or more, itís common to see the hoods popped open.
I definitely pop mine and it helps to cool things down.
Heavy loads on the tranny and engine with slower speeds just push the cooling system to the max here.

Iím looking at the CSF as my next investment (2 rows) and have a double external transmission cooler setup cause the factory setup just canít handle it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome