Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) - View Single Post - Need a Replacement ECM for 06 OR 6MT
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 03:57 AM Thread Starter
runix3
2006 Xterra Off-Road

Need a Replacement ECM for 06 OR 6MT

Howdy Folks,

It's been a while since I last visited. I still have the Xterra and I need your help. The X had been running great up until three weeks ago. At 247K miles, I got stranded on the highway while taking the GF back home on a late Sunday night. All of a sudden lost power and engine felt like it was straining. Couldn't accelerate past 3000 rpm. Towed it home and began troubleshooting. Plugs, coils, and injectors all checked out fine. Got a code for O2 sensor on bank 1. Replaced with new one but issue still persisted. Towed it to dealer for additional troubleshooting. Turns out the passenger side cat needs to be replaced, but the bigger issue is the ECM is toast. I was informed that Nissan has discontinued the part for the manual transmission model. Part number is 23710-ZP33A. None in stock anywhere. Have searched at multiple dealerships and online. So my question is, does anyone have a source for getting replacement ECMs and or know of a place that can repair them? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome