Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) - View Single Post - General Tarfun's X
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
General_Tarfun
Veteran
2006 Super Black Xterra S

Garage
Installed a double layer of 50 Mil Noico sound deadening mat on the inner side of all the doors. I cleaned the surface up with acetone and the mat stuck to it like glue.

The doors feel slightly heavier now (not a bad thing) and they close with a nice thud instead of the hollow ringing I was getting before. Road noise is definitely reduced although I don't have a decibel measurement or anything. It's funny now because I notice sounds coming from other areas that I didn't notice before so I'll tackle those next.

Nissan actually installed very tiny amounts of a similar sound deadening mat inside our doors but its not nearly enough, I covered the entire door and checked it for clearance with no issues. I also spray some white lithium grease on the power window track while I was in there and now my windows power up/down nicely again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome