Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) - View Single Post - Airmapper's Rear Cargo Area Project
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Airmapper
Veteran
2011 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X 6MT

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboardr View Post
Always glad to hear people get use out of a writeup.

Unfortunately I think you might find the HF cargo is going to be too wide to slide out of the back of the X. Assembled as intended to go into a receiver it's about 53 1/4" wide. You could assemble it without the 2" square tube, but I don't think it will clear even like that.
Thanks for posting it up, kind of the reason I went ahead and opened this thread in case anyone wanted to get some ideas. The discussion has been helpful in working out some details as well.

I probably described my intentions wrong, I woulden't intend for the HF rack to move. I am intending to assemble it without the 2" tube though, and try to offset it to the passenger side to see if I can still fit tall slim items in the drivers side like I was mentioning about my cot and camp table.

Right now I'm thinking of putting it on legs and making tabs off the slide rail mounts to bolt it to. I would like it to be kinda removable though, woulden't need to be quick but undo some bolts and set it out kind of deal.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome