Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Who's in MS?

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  GPD605X 
#1 ·
Heading on a journey...a roadtrip of sorts.

Going to Mississippi and wondering if anybody is near there...say Meridian?

#2 ·
Well, looks like this isn't going to happen, after all. Was going to be working out there for ~6 months but have reconsidered that, being it would mean being away from the family the whole time. The money sure would have been awesome though...and always wanted to travel the US. Someday, for leisure then, hopefully!

#5 ·
Would've like to visited the place, although the summer sounds brutal! I'm used to really hot temps, but the humidity, ugh to that. We get that combo once in awhile late on in Aug/Sept/Oct, but anymore it's just miserable when it lasts. Weather is definitely different here than growing up, but still always seems to be a little nice than anywhere else. So, not sure how people do it!

I don't mind the cold and wished it would get like that here sometimes.

#6 ·
Grew up in that area...Quitman just south of Meridian... Cant say I ever wanna go back except maybe to see a friend or two and visit my Best friends grave. Place is a hole and the summers are miserable. I went north for a reason lol.

#7 ·
Ah, well sounds like it's a good thing this didn't work out then! I would've been ~20 miles north during the day, but at night and weekends would need somewhere to stay and seems Meridian is it, mostly.

#8 ·
Really not much in Meridian unless things have changed(and they may have) but last I went the whole area was going to pot due to plants closing up and a major lack of work. Only big bonus if you were working in that area is the proximity of New Orleans and your at most a 3hr drive from some amazing beaches near Pensacola, FL. Other then that..Meh

#10 · (Edited)
Are you in the oil/gas industry down there?

That market has taken such a dive with the oil going down, this past year...We are an inspection company and had more work than we could handle it seemed. Now, they are doing more power plants and chemical plants, etc. I'm sure it will go back to busy again though in the oil market...Damn CEO's freak out when they are only making $2 B profit instead of $5 B, haha.

Thinking about this more, glad it didn't work out afterall...Probably would've been neat (to me) for a couple weeks, then the realization of having 5 1/2 more months to go, lol.

Still wouldn't mind driving across the country; something I wanted to do after high school, but life takes over...So, do it whilst you can!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.