Reputable 4X4 Shop or Garage... - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-24-2018, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Veteran
2010 Night Armor Xterra Off Road

Garage
Reputable 4X4 Shop or Garage...

@multifidus and I were discussing an R180 and rear axle swap. He is looking for a shop in the North Jersey area to perform this task along with some other items. If any of you have experience in this area, please post up the good and the bad.

Thanks

Edit* Let's expand this and start a collective thread for all shops in the Mid-Atlantic area. It would be useful not having to search through thick and thin trying to find a decent shop.

SPC UCA's|Ext. Radflo 2.0's|Bilstein 5165's|DAAL|HeftyFab sliders

Last edited by jr_ss; 03-24-2018 at 11:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-24-2018, 04:08 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

2007 Avalanche White ❌terra S-TSWAP

Send a message via Skype™ to Chase5Hart
Not sure on a shop, but with some elbow grease and the write ups on here those are pretty easy jobs you could probably knock out in 2 days

Click Here for my Build >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-24-2018, 04:24 PM
Veteran
2007 Silver Lightning Xterra Off Road 6MT

Garage
Repair shops and dealerships are not to be trusted unless absolutely necessary
afarrar3 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

: 392

Got extra time and money? Start Here:

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-24-2018, 04:35 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

2007 Avalanche White ❌terra S-TSWAP

Send a message via Skype™ to Chase5Hart
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_attack View Post
Repair shops and dealerships are not to be trusted unless absolutely necessary
unless they are dedicated to off-roading and do things other than i jeep i agree. The guy i used for my gears had a 4Runner on 1tons, but I’m sure that can be hard to find so... for the thing you can do i say get a buddy and diy

Click Here for my Build >
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-24-2018, 07:51 PM
Veteran

Don’t go ok4wd if you don’t want to spend $3k.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Veteran
2010 Night Armor Xterra Off Road

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase5Hart View Post
Not sure on a shop, but with some elbow grease and the write ups on here those are pretty easy jobs you could probably knock out in 2 days
While I'm not it the one looking, some people just don't have the space or means capable to do it. I am fortunate enough to be able to do my own work. A FSM is all you really need.

SPC UCA's|Ext. Radflo 2.0's|Bilstein 5165's|DAAL|HeftyFab sliders
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 10:32 PM
Veteran
2006 T-Swap Silver Lightning Xterra OR 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbiker49 View Post
Donít go ok4wd if you donít want to spend $3k.
That place blows. They would not install my locker and gears because I didn't buy the parts from them.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator / Middle Atlantic Regional Moderator / (GPAX) Club Moderator
2005 Super Black ❌terra S

Send a message via AIM to XterraPA Send a message via Yahoo to XterraPA
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-Ted View Post
That place blows. They would not install my locker and gears because I didn't buy the parts from them.
Really? They installed my 4.56 gears and my ARB locker a few years ago and I bought all the parts from Rugged Rocks. Times must have changed.

Stephen Q. Breslin -

'05 - Super Black "S" 4x4 - 6MT

GPAX Founder/ El Presidente
- "A man of the people!"
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 09:16 AM
Veteran

They’ll install customer supplied new, in box parts. I checked with them a few months ago. He quoted me about $700 for the install of a rear air locker. And that was if I mounted the compressor and ran the lines to the diff.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 12:13 PM
Veteran
2006 T-Swap Silver Lightning Xterra OR 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by XterraPA View Post
Really? They installed my 4.56 gears and my ARB locker a few years ago and I bought all the parts from Rugged Rocks. Times must have changed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbiker49 View Post
Theyíll install customer supplied new, in box parts. I checked with them a few months ago. He quoted me about $700 for the install of a rear air locker. And that was if I mounted the compressor and ran the lines to the diff.
I must have caught them on a bad day. They actually referred me to another shop instead of taking my money. I thought it was odd because I had heard Nissan owners have used them before. In fact, TJ ran shotgun with me on ECXC for Saturday's ride last year, and he mentioned them as being a good shop to use.

In Sept'17, I drove out there (~1hr drive), just to be referred to another shop.

Maybe I'll make another drive out there soon (this time with my X and not the Titan) with the parts (front and rear gears and front locker), in their original boxes, and see what they say.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Regions > Middle Atlantic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode