XB3 VK56 Swap w/M6 Build Project Thread - Page 10 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 71Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
Veteran
2010 Super Black Xterra Off Road 4x4 6MT

Keep your radiator protected until your done piecing it together. I had to trim the the V8 Pathfinder upper and lower shroud for it to fit and prevent rubbing on the fan and frame. You can also use the factory air cleaner for a Titan Armada if you trim the hose. I had to take a heat gun to the flex hose for it to stretch on to the air cleaner box. I still have to install a clamp. This is temporary until I can get what I want.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KIMG4680_1555074022072.JPG (1.32 MB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg KIMG4684_1555074039612.JPG (1.57 MB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg KIMG4711_1555336326125.JPG (1.44 MB, 2 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by kebler2005; 04-15-2019 at 09:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSX2 View Post
woot woot!!!
I'm back where I was. For some reason with the driveshaft installed it won't go into gear. Without it, it does fine. Doesn't make sense and nobody has an answer for it. I'm taking a break and spending time with family. Screw this ****

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #93 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 10:22 AM
Caretaker of The Minion

2005 (w/a little 2010) === SE/OffRoad ❌=== EW3 Solar Yellow

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kebler2005 View Post
....And don't forget to cap off the outlet by the thermostat. I used a stainless bolt untill I install something prettier.
well hell...glad you showed that! LOL Once I'd get everythign all together, I'd be sitting there scratching my head wondering WTF I missed when connecting hoses!

as I dont' have the titan engine yet to see myself....what'd that outlet go to when it was in the titan?

Quote:
I'm back where I was. For some reason with the driveshaft installed it won't go into gear. Without it, it does fine. Doesn't make sense and nobody has an answer for it. I'm taking a break and spending time with family. Screw this ****
whadafooq??! well hell, that's horrible to hear dude :-( sounds like something's getting bound up in the tranny when the shaft's in....clutch plate area perhaps? scheet...wish ya luck finding that gremlin! & yeah, taking a step back for a little bit is good too....tackle it again with a refreshed set of eyes ;-)

-|-

on Instagram

(North Carolina Xterra Club)

(Nissan Offroad Association of the Southeast)

post #94 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
well hell...glad you showed that! LOL Once I'd get everythign all together, I'd be sitting there scratching my head wondering WTF I missed when connecting hoses!

as I dont' have the titan engine yet to see myself....what'd that outlet go to when it was in the titan?

whadafooq??! well hell, that's horrible to hear dude :-( sounds like something's getting bound up in the tranny when the shaft's in....clutch plate area perhaps? scheet...wish ya luck finding that gremlin! & yeah, taking a step back for a little bit is good too....tackle it again with a refreshed set of eyes ;-)
The outlet went to the bottom side of the stock Titan overflow.

What sucks is I might have to yank the trans again. I've verified everystep I've taken with Driven Desire and everything according to him is correct.

post #95 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 12:52 PM
Caretaker of The Minion

2005 (w/a little 2010) === SE/OffRoad ❌=== EW3 Solar Yellow

Garage
Quote:
The outlet went to the bottom side of the stock Titan overflow.

What sucks is I might have to yank the trans again. I've verified everystep I've taken with Driven Desire and everything according to him is correct.
ahhh....gotcha. And the hose from our radiator cap goes there instead, right? (& still using the X's coolant tank).

-|-

on Instagram

(North Carolina Xterra Club)

(Nissan Offroad Association of the Southeast)
post #96 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
ahhh....gotcha. And the hose from our radiator cap goes there instead, right? (& still using the X's coolant tank).
The stock hose is the same as before.
JOSX2 likes this.
post #97 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 02:23 PM
2005 Super Black Xterra SE

This is an MT, correct? As long as you have a definitely good 6mt to start, my guess would be that there is a misalignment or install in the clutch system. Just my 0.02
post #98 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Here she is guys... Still got some buttoning up to do. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/rn25NgM7vBc

https://youtu.be/E8zRrVIQZHU
mtnbound and GDPearson like this.

post #99 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Xterra Vk56 with 6-speed

RESERVED
hfunkhouser, jsexton and Mmac24 like this.

Last edited by kebler2005; 06-18-2019 at 10:04 PM.
post #100 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 06:04 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2015 Brilliant Silver 6MT Pro-4X & 2007 Avalanche White S 5AT 4x4 ❌terras

Garage
Nice! I bet that was music to your ears too, especially after the issues with the clutch.

- J.J. Watt
ĒYou are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.Ē

and

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Xterra Projects

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode