And just for fun, Xterra Achievments tally: 912 (justified below) Contest away
1129 with suggested point additions
5 The Unseeable Volume (5 pts) Activate low wiper fluid light
-Pulled this off near Bear Valley one winter, methanol washer additive is your friend
12 Rip van Winkle (7 pts) Sleep in your Xterra (by bigollurch)
- It was cold and freaking windy @ Black Rock Desert last year
312 Traveling Circus (300 points) Live in (not out of) your Xterra for three weeks or longer (inspired by bigollurch)
- Does driving to Prudhoe Bay count?
322 Low Clearance (10 pts) Hit your head somewhere inside the Xterra (inspired by Dead*reckoned and tim13con)
- Upgraded rear hatch to 175# struts because of it
332 MC Hammer (10 pts) Develop rear suspension sag
- Killed stock leafs on Racetrack road in Death Valley
372 Legacy (40 points) Upgrade from a 1st gen Xterra (stacks)
- My yellow '00 SE 4x4 inspired me to get the '13 Pro-4X
422 Defibrillator (50 pts) Jump-start ten different vehicles
- Amazing how many people forget their lights on in the snow
472 Wide Load (50 pts) Tow over capacity (inspired by ryandavenport and Loki512)
- Towed CHUSA's hot dog cart without brake controller through Siskiyous! Holy tongue weight Batman!
482 Beast With Two Backs (10 pts) Add a roof basket to the existing roof rack.
- Had DepHep before upgrading to Gobi Stealth
497 Tesla (15 pts) Create an electical issue
- New alternator caused funny issue for short time, corrected itself
517 Let There Be Light (20 pts) One lighting upgrade. May include: LED interior lights, dashboard LED swap, at least two additional fog/driving lights (OEM fogs count on lower-trim Xterras), HID retrofit. Lights may face any direction. Portable lighting does not count. Does not stack.
- LED dust lights on rear of Gobi, LED interior lighting
542 Prometheus (25 pts) LED light bar (Does not stack)
- 40" Arsenal Offroad 7D LED light bar
562 Mutt (20 pts) Full set of mixed armor (bumpers, skids, sliders). Must have complete set.
- Shrock armor and bumpers, Rocky Road super sliders
582 Shields Up! (20 pts) Acquire aftermarket steel bumpers
- Shrock front and rear bumpers
612 Holy (30 pts) Add a snorkel (inspired by rook)
- Airflow baby!
642 Swiss Cheese (30 pts) Drill five or more holes in your Xterra (inspired by rook)
- Snorkel + 3 antenna mounts (4 screw holes each) + rock slider mounts
On the Trails
662 Band of Brothers (20 pts) Recover a Nissan vehicle (inspired by Xybergeek)
- Got '15 Pro-4X unstuck
682 Cold Shoulder (20 pts) Get hung up on a snow bank
- Corral Hollow seems to be a theme, pre-winch high, centered in slush bog
712 I Am Rubber (30 pts) Bounce your Xterra's front end in the air. Both front wheels must leave the ground.
- Dukes of Hazzard jump near Slick Rock
782 Rook'd It (70 pts) Use a fire extinguisher on (or in) your vehicle
- Friend kicked pin out of fire extinguisher in passenger side door cupholder, then deployed contents
What a mess
There should be something for a rock or similar object cratering and creating a secondary crack on windshield in a near perfect circle. $325 to replace windshield after Alaska!
802 The Ties That Bind (20 pts) Spot a 2000-2001, 2002-2004, 2005-2008, and 2009-2012 Xterra (including your own) within five minutes on an active road. Does not count at Xterra club events.
- Had 4 yellow Xterras Entering at Monterey Fisherman's Wharf parking lot, 2000 (mine), 2001, 2003, 2004. Had 7 Yellow Xterra's line up on 680N from San Ramon to Walnut Creek, didn't know any of the other guys.
812 Paint is Thicker than Water (10 pts) Spot the above Xterras in the same (or similar) color.
- Same as above
912 Family Tree (100 pts)Park in a situation where all of the above Xterras are adjancent to at least one other. CANNOT be pre-arranged.
- Xterra owners unite because it was funny, one guy that just parked flagged me down to park next to the rest, I didn't know any of the other 3. It was more amazing the Wharf lot wasn't overcrowded, but it was early in the morning as I was going whale watching with friends
957 Aquarium - Transport a live fish in your truck - 15 pts
- 3 live fish in tank (Aquarium was a present for idiot mentioned below)
967 Blow Hard (10 points) installed any type of on-board air
- 2.54 CFM installed
977 Cavity check - have your truck searched by a cop, MP, ranger, etc. 10
- RCMP verifying firearm paperwork entering Canada with Rifle. No tearing apart panels, just locating and verifying barrel length of rifle being brought in. Fairly straightforward border crossing.
999 Traveller - 2 points for every state you've driven in. 10 for every country more than one.
- California, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Canada
1019 Headscratcher - Have a problem stump a Nissan certified mechanic. 20
- Gas nozzle won't stay in place, tank won't fill after new charcoal canister, evap lines, valves, etc. (happened today)
1039 It's a Jeep Thang: Recover a stuck Jeep (20 points).
- Moron in a Patriot
1099 The Jeep Thang burns: Recover the same Jeep again (20 points)
- same moron, 3 more times, 1 requiring using my brand new winch
1129 Bonus burnage: On the same obstacle (10 points for each time)
- moron above kept ignoring suggested line, required 3 pulls, but left tow strap attached
Any points for moron in Jeep Patriot not having any recovery points and requiring to be pulled out by axles with tow strap? 100 points?
Honorable mention for idiot in Patriot bending 3 rims from going to fast, warping passenger rear frame, scratching the hell out of paint on wide trail, cracking both front and rear bumper from excessive speed?
Do I lose points for knowing the above idiot and agreeing to run a trail with him? (never again, unless I want a really good laugh
In actuality, it was a fun exercise for me in trying various recovery techniques. It's great when you get to learn something new and it's not your vehicle that's getting recovered. I think I got a year's worth of XP in a 10 hour day LOL )