LNXPenguin's Adventuremobile - Page 3 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
2013 Pro4X 6M/T
2013 Night Armor ❌terra Pro-4X 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcco View Post
I say this a lot, but have you done a pcv valve lately?
I just did the PCV valve recently (82,300 miles) and most if not all the power seems to have been restored now. The factory original PCV valve was all clogged up and wouldn't rattle at all. Still can't believe the part cost $23.99 (Intermotor), dealership wanted $27.99 and have me wait 3-5 days. The hardest part was getting the clamp off the hose.

Professional amateur wanderer
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
2013 Pro4X 6M/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcco View Post
I say this a lot, but have you done a pcv valve lately?
I just did the PCV valve recently (82,300 miles) and most if not all the power seems to have been restored now. The factory original PCV valve was all clogged up and wouldn't rattle at all. Still can't believe the part cost $23.99 (Intermotor), dealership wanted $27.99 and have me wait 3-5 days. The hardest part was getting the clamp off the hose. While I was at it, I did the PCV on the new to me Pathfinder, that PCV was rattling a little, but not as much as the brand new one, it was a lot cheaper at $8.99. I replace the one on the Frontier later in the week when I do the oil. Why the engineers hid the PCV valve for the KA24DE engine between the oil filter and alternator, I will never know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 11:22 PM
2005 Xterra SE 5AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNXPenguin View Post
I just did the PCV valve recently (82,300 miles) and most if not all the power seems to have been restored now. The factory original PCV valve was all clogged up and wouldn't rattle at all. Still can't believe the part cost $23.99 (Intermotor), dealership wanted $27.99 and have me wait 3-5 days. The hardest part was getting the clamp off the hose. While I was at it, I did the PCV on the new to me Pathfinder, that PCV was rattling a little, but not as much as the brand new one, it was a lot cheaper at $8.99. I replace the one on the Frontier later in the week when I do the oil. Why the engineers hid the PCV valve for the KA24DE engine between the oil filter and alternator, I will never know.
Great! I don't understand why the pcv valve is not part of the scheduled maintenance.

Last edited by jcco; 11-07-2018 at 11:52 AM. Reason: format

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 06:36 AM
Veteran
2011 Night Armor Xterra S 4x4 6MT

Glad it worked and thanks for inspiring me to finally replace (or at least order) the PCV on the X and my wife's car
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
2013 Pro4X 6M/T

So the X just got some new tires, I felt like it was time to go and move up to a M/T tire, and I decided to give the Milestar Patagonia M/Ts a try. I went up one size over stock to 285/75R16. I ordered the tires from Discount Tire and they arrived in 4 days, the price for all 5 with installation + hazard insurance was under $1000. These replaced my BFG All-Terrain TA KO2s, which were the stock 265/75R16s. I was able to complete the melt mod a few minutes after I finished placing my order. I consulted with @nworker who graciously sent pics of the spots that needed to be reshaped. After performing plastic surgery, the countdown till arrival began.

I have owned the tires just a little over a week now and my first impressions are quite favorable. I intended to test them out on the dirt this weekend, but I encountered snow that changed my plans. I have just over 300 miles on city and highway and I have to say they seem quieter than the KO2s even given the more aggressive tread pattern. I can't wait to test them out on the dirt, but it looks like that will have to wait for Black Rock at this point.
nworker and TerryD like this.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Xterra Projects

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode