Xterra Onboard Water System - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Xterra Onboard Water System

Hello
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 08:01 PM
Veteran
2005 Xterra TS/LCKD/4:56/35" Edition & S Model DD for handme downs

I admire the brevity of your first post.
Welcome.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 08:08 PM
Veteran & LPM
2010 ❌terra S & 2010 Frontier SE

Garage
Welcome from PA!

>
&

>

>
|

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Hello All,

This is my first post on these forums. I have been doing xterra and jeep mods for a long time now, I just have never been into the forum thing. (too much talk and no substance in my opinion..) however, Ive gotten a lot of interest in a project I just finished on a 2013 X, and Ive been asked numerous times now to post some pics since there isn't really anything I've found similar that has been posted online (That i could find that is). On this truck, I now have onboard running water with the ability to heat the water as well using the coolant system. Any way, the system works great and I can pull water in from an outside source as well with complete filtration. Enjoy the pics and let me know if you have any questions.

The last thing that needs to be done is clean up everything and paint the tank.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0079.JPG.jpeg (1.98 MB, 169 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0083.JPG.jpeg (1.07 MB, 185 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0072.JPG.jpeg (1.70 MB, 153 views)
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 08:15 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

2011 Metallic Green ❌terra PRO-4X T-Swap'd

Really cool, especially the fill cap in the quarter-panel top LOL. How did you route the cooling system to heat the water? Do you just run a pipe though a separate tank or something?

Build Page -

Trip Photos Page -

"Mods first - life later."
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 08:21 PM
2010 Super Black Xterra Off Road

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thievingpoodle View Post
Hello All,

This is my first post on these forums. I have been doing xterra and jeep mods for a long time now, I just have never been into the forum thing. (too much talk and no substance in my opinion..) however, Ive gotten a lot of interest in a project I just finished on a 2013 X, and Ive been asked numerous times now to post some pics since there isn't really anything I've found similar that has been posted online (That i could find that is). On this truck, I now have onboard running water with the ability to heat the water as well using the coolant system. Any way, the system works great and I can pull water in from an outside source as well with complete filtration. Enjoy the pics and let me know if you have any questions.

The last thing that needs to be done is clean up everything and paint the tank.
This is AWESOME!!!!!!:rocking:

That is all

--BlackMax--
--Nashville, Tennessee; 190,000 miles and counting.....--

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 08:21 PM
Veteran & LPM
2010 ❌terra S & 2010 Frontier SE

Garage
Might need a water tank skid plate
ZheKing and MistressOfMayhem like this.

>
&

>

>
|
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Banned

yea i run two separate lines from the pump, one for hot and one for cold. cold gets redirected straight to the back to output the water and the hot gets routed to the engine bay and run through a heat exchanger then back to the rear to output. then on the side of the tank I have a bypass valve so I can shut off either hot or cold. I have a bunch more pics but its not letting me post them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0077.JPG.jpeg (1.09 MB, 107 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0081.JPG.jpeg (995.7 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0080.JPG.jpeg (1.31 MB, 104 views)
TerryD likes this.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I have one. just took it off today to paint. just attaches to the bottom.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 08:25 PM
Veteran
2007 Silver Lightning Xterra Off Road 6MT

Garage
Is that your OBA hookup right above the hot and cold spigots?

: 392

Got extra time and money? Start Here:

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Xterra Projects

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode