What Has Been Your Experience with PRG? - Page 127 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 399Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1261 of 1272 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 08:04 PM
Don
2015 Xterra

Thank you for the info. I think relaying negative buying experience is even more important than just good product/service reviews.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 1272 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 08:25 PM
2005 Night Armor Xterra SE 4x4 5AT

Garage
Damn that sucks sorry to hear that
post #1263 of 1272 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 09:05 PM
2012 Night Armor Xterra S 4x4

Garage
What Greg needs is a couple of crucial things to implement : these are my own opinion but it's based on his
chronic understaffing and crummy customer service skills.

Get a full time helper to be the admin/ customer service person. I can tell this is easily a 40 hour a week job.

Install UPS worldship on his front desk computer. It's a very simple software program. I use this @ my work a dozen times a day.
It calculates INTL shipping rates and prints out an airwaybill right there on the spot. Slap this label on your box- and done.
You can quote somebody in Vancouver or Saskatoon or wherever in about 20 seconds.
Allshookup and MartinX like this.

post #1264 of 1272 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 10:24 PM
TNX Realm Noobie
2008 Xterra S

Garage
I have ordered a couple of things from PRG (Short throw shifter and polyurethane bushings with the Billet mounts). The shifter took a while to make and it took forever to get to Calgary AB. After I received the short throw shifter, I emailed Greg and he did admit that he totally forgot about the front bushings and the mounts. He did send them right away. I would say that based on my personal experience it takes a while for the products to arrive. At the same time, the quality of the products is awesome. All in all, just make sure you are not in a rush to install things on your rig as Greg is a one-man show as far as I know. Hope this helps
RikRong likes this.
post #1265 of 1272 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 11:47 PM
TNX Realm Noobie
2005 Xterra Off-Road

Garage
I really tried to give him the benefit of the doubt as I'm sure its not easy running a small business, but after 5 weeks of waiting with hardly any correspondence, and then being issued a refund today without any explanation was what made me upset. I've been waiting and apparently he is unwilling to ship parts to Canada. He should have told me that weeks ago instead of just trying to wait me out.

Davi1997, i'm not sure how you were able to get your parts shipped up, but I will not be ordering parts from him in the future, so hopefully won't be in this situation again.

BlackbirdSR71, I'm surprised you know where Saskatoon is
BlackbirdSR71 likes this.
post #1266 of 1272 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 12:56 AM
Senior Member / (Q4WC) Club Moderator
2013 Silver Lightning ❌terra TS/LCKD/4.10 33's S

Garage
I think this problem is more so for export customers than anything else. I ordered 10 motor mount sets to keep in stock here in Qatar and after a few calls and emails, nothing transpired. Second adventure was actually speaking to Greg and getting his help to resolve a serious issue, he simply disappeared off the radar. No response to calls, emails and even Instagram dm's. Seems his attention has shifted to Porsche.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1267 of 1272 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 06:08 AM
Veteran & LPM
2010 ❌terra S & 2010 Frontier SE

Garage
What Has Been Your Experience with PRG?
GPD605X and AlbatrossCafe like this.

>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&

>

>
|
post #1268 of 1272 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 12:38 PM
2012 Night Armor Xterra S 4x4

Garage
Something about Qatar - I always get my shipments stuck in customs going over there. I swear - it's a chronic problem.

Getting back to the OP - I would say - multiple phone calls to Greg will work - you just have to keep on the guy.
You will get your stuff. Be tenacious (and professional) the whole time. I did. It worked.
post #1269 of 1272 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 01:29 PM
2015 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

I have purchased from PRG several times since owning my Xterra. The first few purchases went okay. My last purchase I paid to have my springs on my radflos powder coated. He told me several times they were at the powder coater. I waited patiently. When I received them, way later then anticipated, they were not powder coated. I still haven’t received the $80 refund he owes me. I have attempted to contact him time and time again and nothing has been resolved. He doesn’t respond to messages, and refuses to pick up his phone when I call. I disputed it with Paypal and they have not been able to assist me with my refund yet. I will never give him another penny. The only time I’ve been able to get ahold of him since I received my radflos was using somebody’s phone that is not associated with my account. In short he makes promises and falls short of his word. He is a nice guy but a bad businessman who consistently lies to people.
post #1270 of 1272 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 03:27 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

2011 Metallic Green ❌terra PRO-4X T-Swap'd

lol every time I read one of these threads I remind myself how nice it is to have all the custom fab parts I need already on my truck. The worst part of Xterra ownership is waiting/negotiating fabbed parts.

I will say that Hardcore Offroad was fast and 100% trouble free and White Knuckle was not far behind.
Allshookup, LBX and zach_attack like this.

Build Page -

Trip Photos Page -

"Mods first - life later."

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Supporting Vendors > PRG Products

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode