Recommend using Someone Else.... - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 20Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie

Recommend using Someone Else....

I am not sure Greg or PRG are still actively engaged in business. I did manage to order some parts. I ordered front uca's, rear dual add a leaf for 2.5 inches of lift, adjustable shackles, and 4 degree shims for the axle.
I received the uca's, shims, and a single add a leaf for 1.5 inches of lift. I have been unable to get them to answer the phone or my emails for almost two weeks. My last communication from Greg was that my shackles were being mailed and would arrive in 2 days; that was 11 days ago. Still no idea what I am supposed to do with the wrong rear add a leaf.
shop somewhere else and save yourself the headache.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 02:39 PM
2012 Night Armor Xterra S 4x4

Garage
Greg has been so hit-and-miss w/ so many people on this site...it's just incredibly weird. Very sloppy.

I've had much better responses from him w/ a phone call then I've ever had w/ e-mail. Very friendly guy on the phone.
I suspect he's just totally buried as I think he's a one-man show.

I'm really not in the market for any particular item right now but when I am - I'm going w/ Nisstec if possible. There's just too few vendors out there selling Nissan Xterra stuff, so we're a bit of a captive audience.

Jeeps ? Thats a whooole other ballgame.
funkierfawn21` likes this.

RJ Giddings
Click Here for >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 02:49 PM
Veteran
2011 XTERRA P R O - 4 X Night Armor [Gray]

Garage
I have heard good and bad things about PRG. For the recored, last month I ordered a U-bolt flip kit. I ordered it on the weekend and it arrived on Wednesday, just a few days later.

Get outdoors and have some fun!

Build Page:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gone but not forgotten: 1983 Datsun 280ZX Turbo 5 Speed

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 02:53 PM
Veteran
2011 Night Armor Xterra S 4x4 6MT

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie

update. I am not sure if it was the post but I got an email from him clarifying shipping delays for powder coating. He said he is branching out into other vehicles and I sure hope it allows him to hire more help. He seems like a great guy that is just struggling with high demand.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 06:13 PM
2006 Xterra OR

Garage
Greg is an absolute A-hole and would never get another penny from me... I had to go as far as launch a payment dispute with PayPal to get the guy to respond to me and the incorrect order he sent me.

The "funny" part is I tried several times to just get the order corrected and heard nothing. Launch the dispute and within 10 min he is getting in touch with me.

Why gamble with what kind of service/ parts your going to get with your hard earned cash. Just choose to shop where it's not a gamble!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

'06 Off Road - w/ 33's
Collecting parts for a T-Swap
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 06:35 PM
2005 Xterra

I know I have heard both the good and bad about Greg here on the forum, but I will counter with my good- I emailed him last night trying to buy something and he replied back in less than 30 minutes with advice, not to buy something until I tried out something else. I am not someone important, just a small customer.

Greg has always been helpful to me, and frankly is an asset that has been driven off of these forums by personal attacks. I will not tell you he is easy to get a hold of, because I too have had a hard time getting him on the phone, but calling someone an ahole is uncalled for. It took me weeks of runaround from nisstec to get my money back for an out of stock item that was listed as in stock on their website, but I am not calling them names.

Greg will make it right.
jr_ss and RikRong like this.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 06:42 PM
Veteran
2015 Metallic Blue Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarRamRod View Post
Greg is an absolute A-hole and would never get another penny from me... I had to go as far as launch a payment dispute with PayPal to get the guy to respond to me and the incorrect order he sent me.

The "funny" part is I tried several times to just get the order corrected and heard nothing. Launch the dispute and within 10 min he is getting in touch with me.

Why gamble with what kind of service/ parts your going to get with your hard earned cash. Just choose to shop where it's not a gamble!

So, he's an a-hole because there was mistake with your order and you couldn't get hold of him to fix it? I'm not sure that would make him an a-hole.
Mr. Bills, jr_ss, Jayrat and 1 others like this.

R. Long
Build Thread-->

SoCal Club Xterra -->
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 06:52 PM
2014 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarRamRod View Post

Had the very same experience with him twice, once in 2015 and last year again. Will never gamble ordering from him again.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 06:56 PM
Veteran
2014 Silver Lightning Xterra S 4x4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRong View Post
So, he's an a-hole because there was mistake with your order and you couldn't get hold of him to fix it? I'm not sure that would make him an a-hole.

I wonder if your opinion would be different had you been in CarRamRod's shoes?

“All that the South has ever desired was that the Union as established by our forefathers should be preserved and that the government as originally organized should be administered in purity and truth.”
Robert E. Lee
Closed Thread

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > TNX Community Support Vendors > PRG Products

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode