TrekBoxx for the Xterra - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie
2006 Xterra Off Road

TrekBoxx for the Xterra

Hey Everyone,

I got an email today from David over at Trekboxx - I've been bugging him now for a couple years to make a box for the Xterra, he says if I can find 5 Xterra owners who are interested in buying one he'll make them. If I find 10, he'll hook my rig up. That would be great... so if your interested, leave a comment below... I might need to get email addresses? I'm not sure.

You can check out his build quality over at https://www.trekboxx.com/ personally I think they are the best storage system out there - albiet expensive - but still awesome.

Here are some pictures of the setup (on Toyotas)

VMBiohazard and Zach Clarke like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 12:03 AM
Veteran
2010 Super Black Xterra Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke Noble View Post
- albiet expensive-
5k..... that’s just flat obscene. My damed off road trailer wasn’t even that much...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-IG-x.treks- "No one can deny the pure flex of Un4seen4" - AlbatrossCafe

Last edited by Un4seen4; 04-12-2019 at 12:07 AM.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 04:16 AM
Veteran
2011 Night Armor Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Un4seen4 View Post
5k..... thatís just flat obscene. My damed off road trailer wasnít even that much...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brooke Noble likes this.

Click Here for >

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 03:51 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2010 Midnight Armor ❌terra X

Garage
WOW!! THose are pricey, but I like their site, and their product giving me ideas for my own (cheaper) version, I love the inclusion of the power ports ans rockers
Brooke Noble likes this.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 04:05 PM
Veteran
2015 Metallic Blue Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Un4seen4 View Post
5k..... thatís just flat obscene. My damed off road trailer wasnít even that much...
Thanks, you saved me a click, and holy crap, that is nuts.

R. Long
Build Thread-->

SoCal Club Xterra -->
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 04:39 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

2011 Metallic Green ❌terra PRO-4X T-Swap'd

I'd go in at $1000 maybe.

I once bought a 40ft school bus for $5000 that could hold a lot more than those boxes and also tow 10,000lbs behind it. That kind of puts the cost in perspective for me.

Build Page -

Trip Photos Page -

"Mods first - life later."
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 06:24 PM
Veteran
2011 XTERRA P R O - 4 X Night Armor [Gray]

Garage
Damn pretty but, I could just buy an offroad cargo trailer and haul 10x the gear around in it for that price. YIKES!
mtnbound likes this.

Get outdoors and have some fun!

Build Page:

Gone but not forgotten: 1983 Datsun 280ZX Turbo 5 Speed
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie
2006 Xterra Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeHere! View Post
WOW!! THose are pricey, but I like their site, and their product giving me ideas for my own (cheaper) version, I love the inclusion of the power ports ans rockers
Here is a thread where he goes through the build process of one... https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/140....678649/page-4
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie
2006 Xterra Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allshookup View Post
Damn pretty but, I could just buy an offroad cargo trailer and haul 10x the gear around in it for that price. YIKES!
Ok I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who thought the price was pretty high....Like, I'm not sure what drawer systems go for - but I assumed this was considered a "normal" price. Still, I think they look great - I probably won't buy one because I spent 4700 on my X... so the only way it would be responsible is if I got it for free or very cheap. I did design my own boxes in CAD but I don't have the woodworking skills to build it myself, I've tried to hire a carpenter to help me like 5x now and they always flake out.... which is weird b/c I'm offering them money to do a job. Anywho when I priced out the build on my boxes, the parts came out to about 1300-1500 (I'd have to go dig up my spreadsheet) and then I'd have to pay for someones labor to help me which is anywhere from 400-800 bucks. It even crossed my mind to just have a CNC machine go ahead and cut up my plywood so all I'd have to do is assemble.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 06:55 PM
Veteran
2006 Avalanche White Xterra S 4x4

um yeah no thanks for that price.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > The Marketplace > Online Finds

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode