How-to: Install/Remove a Winch on the ShrockWorks Bumper - Page 2 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 09:11 PM
2011 Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexterra View Post
Looks like you removed the steel bumper support, which in other threads and shrockworks instructions tell you to knotch out the bumper support beam to fit a winch. Does anyone have anything to say about removing the entire bumper support beam? I think thats the only way you’️d be able to fit a winch in and out (without removing the bumper).
okay reading again while im not rushing through my install. Sounds like there no real point in keeping the bumper support piece on. I dont know why anyone would cut it up like the shrockworks instructions say to, when you could just remove the whole piece...

- Hexterra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 11:14 PM
2015 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

I don’t think you can even install a schrockworks bumper in conjunction with that stock bumper piece if I remember correctly, but maybe I’m wrong. I just put mine up this summer, and it went right into the recycling bin.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 04:44 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
2007 Midnight Blue ❌terra S

Garage
Quote:
okay reading again while im not rushing through my install. Sounds like there no real point in keeping the bumper support piece on. I dont know why anyone would cut it up like the shrockworks instructions say to, when you could just remove the whole piece...
It's not the bumper beam you cut, it's the little piece of sheet metal that holds the bottom edge of your grill in place. The full bumper beam comes off and you use those mounting points for the new bumper.

Mildly Demented...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

KT4OZ
Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 10:43 PM
2011 Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryD View Post
Quote:
It's not the bumper beam you cut, it's the little piece of sheet metal that holds the bottom edge of your grill in place. The full bumper beam comes off and you use those mounting points for the new bumper.
Maybe I didnt do the best job describing what I had posted. Let me start by saying there are two steel parts the the stock bumper. 1. The bumper and 2. The bumper support. The bumper support is about 8” above the bumper and is used to brace the grill assy and to hold the wires for your passenger fog light if you have them. You call it a little piece of sheetmetal, shrockworks calls it a “bumper support”

- Hexterra

Last edited by hexterra; 02-10-2019 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Gramar
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 10:30 PM
TNX Realm Noobie
2013 XTERRA Off Road

I hadn’t realized that there was enough room to move the winch through the top gap between the radiator and the Shrock bumper. It is pretty easy to pull the grill, I had done that to move my solenoid before. Good to know a winch can fit through that opening to. Appreciate the info.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > TNX Community Support Vendors > ShrockWorks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode