Installed Shrock Front, Winch and Lights this Weekend - PBR - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Installed Shrock Front, Winch and Lights this Weekend - PBR

I used the word "Weekend" because it took me all Weekend long. Front Bumper is perfect. I've seen hundreds of pictures, but it's nice to finally see one in person, (especially on your Rig). Thanks, Jim.

I ordered up a Ramsey REP 9500, (External Solenoid), from northerntool.com on sale for $550. Unfortunately, I had to rotate the Clutch Ring to get it to work in the Bumper. Talk about a nightmare. I think I spent about 2 hours on that alone. Also, a Big Thumbs Down to Ramsey for not providing more Detailed Instructions [ ]. There were Three Wires that went from the Solenoid to the Winch. None of them were labeled. It took me two tries, (should count myself lucky), before I found the right combo.

The Bumper came with a Solenoid Bracket, but I couldn't figure out where to put it or where it would fit. I ended up drilling it down to the middle support plate.

If I had to do it all over again, I'd probably give some consideration to not being a cheap [email protected] and ordering an Internal Solenoid Winch. Although, the External Solenoid made it very easy to tear apart and extend the Wiring on the Remote Socket, so that I could utilize one of the Remote Socket holes that Jim incorporated into the design of the Bumper. That is pretty sweet...

Finished it off with a Hella 500 Kit that I ordered from 4wheelparts. A long weekend, but well worth it.

Last edited by Old Navy; 12-08-2017 at 08:35 PM. Reason: All Photophucket Links Resurrected
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 06:55 PM

WOW does that look good ..........I"m so jealous............Enjoy it....

2006 X Super Black
Off Road 4X4!!!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 07:37 PM
Founding Godfather / Administrator
2011 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

Looks great.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4:1 low range, Dana 44's front and Rear. Tru-LoK front and Rear. Electronic Sway bar disconnect. 73.1:1 crawl ratio

AKA our Founding Father (The Godfather)

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 12:58 AM
Veteran
2005 Xterra SE

Garage
nice job

05 SE Solar Yellow
CB, XM, Kayak Carrier, Breather Extension,
LED Interior lights, Key Lockable Gearbox, Scangauge II
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 01:07 AM

Send a message via AIM to Smthrde Send a message via Yahoo to Smthrde
very nice.... by the way.. what tires are those??

06 Knight Armor S 4X4 AT~~ Pioneer Premier 880HU w/ Ipod adaptor,UPGRADING SPEAKERS, PIAA 2100XT lights, 265/75 BFG AT KO

99 Trans Am Ws6 Sliver
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 08:16 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smthrde
x2

-Keith
05 Brawn Red OR 6MT, Shrock Sliders and front Bumper, Black Panther Skid Plates
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smthrde
Toyo Open Country M/T. Not cheap, unfortunately. Also, they have a really strong sidewall, you really have to air down to get a wider footprint. Road noise isn't bad at all. People I've talked to have claimed to get 50K+ out of them. Time will tell. So far I love 'em.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 05:11 PM
Veteran
2006 Midnight Blue Xterra S w/OR Badges

Hot damn, that looks good..... You guys need to stop posting pics of your rigs and mods untill i get back to the states.

Im going insane looking at this site knowing that i wont see my X untill the middle of november.

Call me Eddo

The First SuperCharged 2nd Gen >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Toyo Open Country M/T. Not cheap, unfortunately
what size? lifted x?

O' Solitude. If I must with thee dwell, let it not be amongst the jumbled heep of murky buildings. Climb with me the steep. - Keats
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by calijetfxr
Quote:
Toyo Open Country M/T. Not cheap, unfortunately
what size? lifted x?
AC springs in front. I was running AC shackles and stock leaf packs in back, until I put on the Shrock rear bumper and was unimpressed with how much more the rear end sagged. So I ordered new leaf packs (stock ride height + 150 lbs) from Alcan Spring. Unfortunately, I didn't gain back any of my lost lift. The ride is a lot firmer, but I think it actually sits a little bit lower than the stock leaf springs. Should have had them arched more. Still running the AC shackles.

Tire size is 285/75/16.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Exterior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode