Roof Rack Options - Page 7 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 75 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 04:44 PM
Veteran
2006 Avalanche White Xterra S 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29erClan View Post
I use one of these:
ok, i have one of those, but the roof rack rails still get int he way of pushing the snow off. I guess ill try the big broom next time, usually i use a long 3" ice scrapper/ brush thingy, the brush part is about 12" long. so i stick that in between the rails and the roof and push / pull snow out from the sides/ back.

How would the large broom help??

im starting to feel like i should a put this in the dumb questions thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 75 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 05:10 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbound View Post
So somewhat but not totally related.

how the heck do you guys deal with snow on the roof rack?!?

if it snows say 4", its a super pita to get all the snow off the roof because the factory rack rails get in the way. I even considered putting a tarp up there prior to the snow so it would be easier to get off.

any tips/ suggstions? I just dont like driving with it on there or leaving it until it starts melting.
Roof racks and crossbars are a pain with snow removal, no easy way to get around that really.

That said I use one similar to this that my wife got at Costco. The extending feature and the pivot head are really handy.

https://www.amazon.com/14039-Crossov.../dp/B00D2QLEO0

mtnbound likes this.

Last edited by outback97; 03-05-2019 at 05:16 PM.
post #63 of 75 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 03:52 PM
Veteran
2006 Night Armor Xterra OR

Garage
I have a similar one and it works pretty well. I never get everything off, but I get 90% of it. I also have one of the MaxTerra roof trays.

Nulla tenaci invia est via.

post #64 of 75 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 11:50 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
2015 Lava Red ❌terra S

Anyone in the Front Range area ever heard of Rocky Mountain Racks? Looks like their target demographic is primarily Toyota's but I shot them an email to see if they had interest in ever getting into the X market. The email was received positively and we are very loosely tossing around the idea of me being a prototype vehicle for them should everything pan out. Figured I would gauge interest from this group to see if they liked the products (and price) and thought it would be a good addition to the aftermarket X market and see if it's even worth pursuing.

https://www.rockymtnracks.com/shop
post #65 of 75 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 12:28 PM
Supporting Member
2011 Brilliant Silver ❌terra Pro-4X

@duxsterra

There is a group input / design roof rack going on right here:

https://www.thenewx.org/forum/30-xte...roof-rack.html

Seems very similar in nature to what you've linked, and my guess is you could have it made for considerably less. Not totally sure how far it's come, but is certainly worth reading.
duxsterra likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Everything happens for a reason .... Sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and make bad decisions.
post #66 of 75 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 12:46 PM
TNX Realm Noobie
2011 Lava Red Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by duxsterra View Post
Anyone in the Front Range area ever heard of Rocky Mountain Racks? Looks like their target demographic is primarily Toyota's but I shot them an email to see if they had interest in ever getting into the X market. The email was received positively and we are very loosely tossing around the idea of me being a prototype vehicle for them should everything pan out. Figured I would gauge interest from this group to see if they liked the products (and price) and thought it would be a good addition to the aftermarket X market and see if it's even worth pursuing.

Interested!
post #67 of 75 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 01:02 PM
2012 Metallic Blue Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Quote:

Wouldn't mind seeing what the price point comes out at from them. Their other products for suvs seem to land under 1k which would put them way ahead of the competition!
LVX likes this.

2012 Metalic Blue PRO-4X<-- Mine

2011 Black PRO-4X <-- Hers
2006 Ford Ranger 4x4 <-- Mine
post #68 of 75 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 02:58 PM
TNX Realm Noobie
2014 Cayenne Red Xterra Pro-4X

I'm interested as well. It seems very similar to racks by Prinsu, similar to the P&P Engineering Xterra rack.
post #69 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 03:45 PM
TNX Realm Noobie
2014 Super Black Xterra S

Garage
Quote:

Heard of them!! Definitely interested in them making a rack for the X!
post #70 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 06:39 PM
LVX
2012 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

Quote:

Interested!

Visit my blog -

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Exterior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode