Sliders Options - Page 30 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #291 of 318 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 11:06 PM
TNX Realm Noobie
2011 Pro-4X

Do the Ajs still require drilling? I am just looking for the lowest price and bolt on with no drilling I don't need pc or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #292 of 318 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 11:55 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2011 Night Armor ❌terra Pro-4X

Garage
Far as I know, still havenít figured out whatís what with mine

I know what this man needs, bring me the bourbon. -Cole Kehm
post #293 of 318 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 11:40 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
2011 Avalanche White ❌terra Pro-4X

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius379 View Post
Do the Ajs still require drilling? I am just looking for the lowest price and bolt on with no drilling I don't need pc or anything.

I believe the Calmini doesn't require drilling. Pretty sure all others mentioned here do.

Shrockworks and Maxterra sliders only require one hole to be drilled on each side for added strength. Probably could get away with not drilling that spot and adding that bolt if your not planning on doing serious off roading with them. Email Maxterra and ask for his price sheet. Has detailed picture of installation.

A.J.'s requires drilling. Try to google it or call them to see details.
Darius379 likes this.

Click Here for >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Build Thread
(StormTrooper Gretchen (big,white,fat,ugly,and German): 2015 BMW R1200GS Adventure White

post #294 of 318 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 01:02 PM
2015 Lava Red Xterra S

Thread revival...

Been looking pretty hard at the Calmini tube step rocker skids in Nissan Gray.

Chatted with support today to get an idea of what the installation looks like and they forwarded me along instructions that show you need to drill one hole in the front (similar to Shrock if I'm not mistaken). Looks like a solid setup and I love the look of them so I might have to pull the trigger.

I haven't seen any pictures/reviews on these yet so I may have to be the first, figured some may be interested in the installation instructions though.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NP62550.pdf (111.6 KB, 19 views)
post #295 of 318 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 01:19 PM
Veteran
2015 Metallic Blue Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by duxsterra View Post
Thread revival...

Been looking pretty hard at the Calmini tube step rocker skids in Nissan Gray.

Chatted with support today to get an idea of what the installation looks like and they forwarded me along instructions that show you need to drill one hole in the front (similar to Shrock if I'm not mistaken). Looks like a solid setup and I love the look of them so I might have to pull the trigger.

I haven't seen any pictures/reviews on these yet so I may have to be the first, figured some may be interested in the installation instructions though.
Be careful with Calmini, shipping and customer service issues with that company are well documented. They have no problem taking your money, but they have a problem shipping their product. Their quality control is horrible, too. I had their bumpers and the welds were rusting within six months, with powder coat flaking off in several spots. If you want the gray, talk to another company about doing a custom PC color for you.

R. Long
Build Thread-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SoCal Club Xterra -->
post #296 of 318 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 01:42 PM
2015 Lava Red Xterra S

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRong View Post
Be careful with Calmini, shipping and customer service issues with that company are well documented. They have no problem taking your money, but they have a problem shipping their product. Their quality control is horrible, too. I had their bumpers and the welds were rusting within six months, with powder coat flaking off in several spots. If you want the gray, talk to another company about doing a custom PC color for you.
Appreciate the insight! Shrock and Hefty have been the two front runners for me but I hate the lead time with Shrock and Hefty is ~$200 more for what I want without a powder coat (which seems unnecessary for sliders I'll beat up). Might just have to bite the bullet with Shrock, I waited awhile for the rear bumper but the quality is top notch.
post #297 of 318 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 02:09 PM
LBX
Veteran
2011 Avalanche White Xterra Pro-4X

^ White Knuckle, best customer service, quick turnaround times. You WONT be disappointed. Many people install them without drilling all of the holes, just depends on the type of off roading you will be doing.
post #298 of 318 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 03:38 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2011 Avalanche White ❌terra Pro-4X

Garage
X2 on White Knuckles.

Also, Max Gear has a great set of sliders. They are identicle to Shrock but have 3 support bars instead of 1. They install the same, are similarly priced, and lead time is generally less. Great customer service history and quality.

Contact [email protected] for spec sheet/brochure.

Or, just PM maXTERRA. He is the guy that runs the show at Max Gear.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Click Here for >
Build Thread
(StormTrooper Gretchen (big,white,fat,ugly,and German): 2015 BMW R1200GS Adventure White
post #299 of 318 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 04:02 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2012 Lava Red ❌terra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureRider81 View Post
X2 on White Knuckles.

Also, Max Gear has a great set of sliders. They are identicle to Shrock but have 3 support bars instead of 1. They install the same, are similarly priced, and lead time is generally less. Great customer service history and quality.

Contact [email protected] for spec sheet/brochure.

Or, just PM maXTERRA. He is the guy that runs the show at Max Gear.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
White knuckle is having a sale for WENT. forget the code, but it's somewhere on the went page.

post #300 of 318 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 04:13 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

2007 Avalanche White ❌terra S-TSWAP

Send a message via Skype™ to Chase5Hart
@duxsterra i sent you a pm about my Shrock sliders

Click Here for my Build >

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Exterior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode