2005 Roof Rack? - Page 2 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie
2005 X-Trail

Brand new girlfriend. It's an x-trail. My bad...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 02:18 PM
Well then...
2011 Avalanche White ❌terra X

Garage
Well then... I donít know anything other than that I believe we know it as a Rouge.

Click Here for >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 02:51 PM
Veteran
2011 Avalanche White Xterra S - Tonka

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobVG View Post
Brand new girlfriend. It's an x-trail. My bad...
Quite alright. Too bad we couldn't help you though.

No matter where you go, there you are.
I never get lost, I have adventures.

Click Here for >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 03:09 PM
Some random dude
2006 Solar Yellow ❌terra Off Road 6MT

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccg1018 View Post
Well then... I donít know anything other than that I believe we know it as a Rouge.
I don't believe he ever mentioned what color it was... The Rogue and X-Trail are 2 different vehicles, you could get the X-Trail up here in Canada for 2 years (or something like that) before it was replaced by the Rogue. US always just had the Rogue.

Interesting that a user claiming to be from the US has access to an X-Trail. Did your girlfriend come from Canada or Mexico?

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 03:13 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2010 Midnight Armor ❌terra X

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by meisanerd View Post
I don't believe he ever mentioned what color it was... The Rogue and X-Trail are 2 different vehicles, you could get the X-Trail up here in Canada for 2 years (or something like that) before it was replaced by the Rogue. US always just had the Rogue.

Interesting that a user claiming to be from the US has access to an X-Trail. Did your girlfriend come from Canada or Mexico?
If I'm not mistaken at one point you could actually buy both/either or in Mexico

"Well, my time of not taking you seriously is coming to a middle."

Click Here for >
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 04:29 PM
TNX Realm Noobie
2015 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

The X-Trail was available here in Canada for just the 2005 and 2006 model years, and as has been mentioned dealers in the US never carried them. I drove a 2005 for about 7 years between my '99 Pathfinder and last November when I picked up my Xterra.

Due to this limited availability, by the time I bought my X-Trail used the OEM roof rack crossbars were pretty scarce unless they'd been an original option - my local Nissan dealership wasn't ever able to track them down for me. Depending on who you asked there was solution that kinda sorta fit if you could find a particular Thule foot pack, but anything aftermarket specifically for the X-Trail all seemed to be out of Australia.

That said there's currently a listing on Kijiji.ca in London, Ontario for a set of OEM X-Trail crossbars w/hardware and instructions for $150 CAD.

Cheers!
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 04:47 PM
Veteran
2006 Super Black Xterra S

Garage
I've seen the X-Trail a lot in South America, it's not too bad looking they're kinda like the middleground between a real body/frame SUV and a crossover.

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 05:50 PM
Some random dude
2006 Solar Yellow ❌terra Off Road 6MT

Garage
I'm half looking at one for a second vehicle, haven't quite needed one enough yet to justify buying, though.

My mechanic buddy that used to work at Nissan says that they were one of the better vehicles of that class due to the way they distributed power in their AWD system, makes them super good in the snow, and loads of fun to drive. Also, you can get them with a manual tranny...
RobVG likes this.

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie
2005 X-Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakebeard View Post

Due to this limited availability, by the time I bought my X-Trail used the OEM roof rack crossbars were pretty scarce unless they'd been an original option - my local Nissan dealership wasn't ever able to track them down for me. Depending on who you asked there was solution that kinda sorta fit if you could find a particular Thule foot pack, but anything aftermarket specifically for the X-Trail all seemed to be out of Australia.

That said there's currently a listing on Kijiji.ca in London, Ontario for a set of OEM X-Trail crossbars w/hardware and instructions for $150 CAD.

Cheers!
Yes, Canadian X-Trail. Good to know about the OEM bars. I'll start looking.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Exterior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode