Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Project: Half Doors

5K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  AlaskaX10 
#1 ·
So I'm going to pick up some doors from a part out Saturday the 4th and will be attempting to make some half doors before moab so I don't have to worry about body damage to the doors with the raptor liner. Anyone have any experience with this or any tips? I'll keep the thread updated as the project makes way.

#3 ·
dude you won't get body damage on the trails your running unless something goes really wrong and a ding in the door will be the least of your worries. I did a very similar line up last year and I think I used my sliders a couple of times, maybe.

also our doors are really really, really heavy. plus dust and you dont like AC..? thats like the number one thing we can hold over the jeep people, while there choking on dust in the summer, we roll up our windows an blast the AC

#4 · (Edited)
My AC needs to be recharged lol, anyways they are only 50 bucks for all four so i think it'll be fun

Also body damage is basically my excuse to start another project, not a real concern

as to the weight im familiar, I took them off and on like all of last summer when I went wheeling, not sure what it is about having less door thats appealing but I like it.

#6 ·
My AC needs to be recharged lol, anyways they are only 50 bucks for all four so i think it'll be fun

Also body damage is basically my excuse to start another project, not a real concern

as to the weight im familiar, I took them off and on like all of last summer when I went wheeling, not sure what it is about having less door thats appealing but I like it.
I could see the extra visibility being a nice thing.

#5 ·
But you've raptor line'd the truck.... if not for protecting the body what was it for? I mean, it would be cool to see a set just to have fun with if you're bored. But like Chris stated, its going to be dusty and that will COVER the interior of your rig.

#7 ·
As cool as doorless or half-doors are, they will suck in the desert. If you manage to ding up the doors, you will have flopped on your side. I've been driving in Moab for over 20 years and the most I managed to do was kick a rock up into my fender. While I haven't done stuff like Pritchett Canyon, I've taken on some of the harder trails in a variety of vehicles from stock XJs and FZJ80s to my Xterra.

I've never managed to scrape a door. What I can tell you is that being able to get out of the sun, protection from the dust and the weather (it gets very cold at night and hot during the day) is far more important.

#8 ·
#15 ·
@Brunnie :laughing3: HAHAHA!! They are considered the state bird...I still contend if you go to the right spots, or have mosquito net windows for the night it will be just fine. I like the idea for driving around town or going to the beach.

Now, if you go into a swampy area your entire Xterra may be carried off...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.