Front Recovery Points and Stock Bumper - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Veteran
2010 X

Front Recovery Points and Stock Bumper

Hey everyone,

Sorry for a noob question, but if I added something like this: https://p-p-engineering.myshopify.co...ecovery-points how would it work with the stock bumper? It seems like the shackles are pretty high up and any tow strap would interfere with the bumper.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 05:24 PM
Veteran
2007 Super Black Xterra S Titan Swapped!

Garage
You might want to do some more research on P&P. I wouldn't recommend buying from them just from their customer service. Do a quick search on the forums and you will find plenty of answers but totally up to you on what you want to buy and what's available.
FisherNick and MrBoJangles_91 like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-REXterra View Post
"100% of people with snorkels have bigger wieners than those without snorkels."
-Abraham Lincoln

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by GPD605X; 03-27-2017 at 08:59 AM.
post #3 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 05:30 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

2011 Metallic Green ❌terra PRO-4X T-Swap'd

User @ozotron has something similar, maybe he can chime in.

It looks like they might come into contact, but that lower part of the bumper is fairly flexible. The strap might rub against it but it will be relatively difficult to rip the bumper off or something.

Build Page -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Trip Photos Page -

"Mods first - life later."

post #4 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
Veteran
2010 X

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbatrossCafe View Post
User @ozotron has something similar, maybe he can chime in.

It looks like they might come into contact, but that lower part of the bumper is fairly flexible. The strap might rub against it but it will be relatively difficult to rip the bumper off or something.
Ah ok.. for some reason when i was picturing it, I thought it sat farther back. This makes more sense. Thanks for the pic.

Quote:
You might want to do some more research on P&P. I wouldn't recommend buying from them. Do a quick search on the forums and you will find plenty of answers.
Thanks, I've seen less than positive comments about this shop, but I was more interested about the concept. I cant invest in a big bumper but I'd like some recovery points. Rear is doable with a hitch reciever, but there's nothing for the front. I want trying to understand how it'd work.
post #5 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 08:53 AM
2013 Xterra Pro-4X

RockyMtnX (spelling?) used to produce them. he doesn't anymore but i was lucky to snag some when he still was. He puts a lot of thought into his products and they are built well. I have some pictures to help you envision it, but you can also search is old for sale page and there are plenty more. i'm sure a decent fabricator would have no problem reproducing something like this based off of pictures and quick measurements.

ADDED:
Link to old RockyMtnX sale page for reference.
https://www.thenewx.org/forum/78-memb...t-bumpers.html

Build Page -

Last edited by SMcParland; 03-24-2017 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Added RockyMtnX sale page
post #6 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 10:35 AM
Veteran
2008 Avalanche White Xterra S

Do those connect where the factory hook used to be, or further forward?
post #7 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 11:05 AM
2013 Xterra Pro-4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by idn88 View Post
Do those connect where the factory hook used to be, or further forward?
The replace the factory tow hook and use the same holes for mounting. Stock the vehicle only comes with one toe hook, but there are threaded holes that are identical on both sides.

Build Page -
post #8 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 02:22 PM
TNX Realm Noobie
2013 Xterra Pro4X

those look nice.. wish someone on this board would still make them.
post #9 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 02:31 PM
Veteran
2015 Metallic Blue Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eighty View Post
Hey everyone,

Sorry for a noob question, but if I added something like this: https://p-p-engineering.myshopify.co...ecovery-points how would it work with the stock bumper? It seems like the shackles are pretty high up and any tow strap would interfere with the bumper.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepdiver View Post
those look nice.. wish someone on this board would still make them.
These are also made by Dezert Runner Offroad, a SoCal business that is reliable. They don't have a website, give them a call or check their FB/IG

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
hammockking and AlbatrossCafe like this.

R. Long
Build Thread-->

SoCal Club Xterra -->

Last edited by RikRong; 03-24-2017 at 02:35 PM.
post #10 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 02:32 PM
2013 Xterra Pro-4X

If there were enough people interested in them in advance i could work with a guy to get some made perhaps. I know a local metal fabricator that I am in conversations with regarding sliders. i'm sure he could use mine as a template and fab a few up in advance

Build Page -

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Exterior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode