PrimeDay Auto Deals! Today Only - Page 3 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 07:33 PM
Veteran
2011 Super Black Xterra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf and Snow View Post
Meh. Looks to me like a bunch of 99% random crap with an occasional 1% of actual good deals on good stuff. That's how they get ya. Most of it is close to regular Amazon prime prices anyway. That said I did make a single purchase of 186ct Pampers Swadlers diapers for 35% off. Life is a bit less fun nowadays when your buying diapers instead of cool stuff...
Maybe even, but you wouldn't change your " less fun" life for anything, would you?

2008 S Black R.I.P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 08:34 PM
2006 Super Black Xterra Off Road 6MT

Quote:
I know that. I have the same email. I used an Amazon Rewards Visa card, and I have Amazon prime. I had $200 of baby formula in my cart sold by and shipped from Amazon. The code has expired. A quick Google search shows Amazon/Visa pulled the plug on the code a few hours ago screwing everyone who planned to use it after work.
I was told by an amazon customers services rep that Chase was responsible for pulling the promo. Either way its some BS like you said. Fwiw I emptied my cart and don't plan on using the Chase amazon card anytime soon due to this stunt they pulled.

My Xterra Page >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 08:36 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2015 Brilliant Silver 6MT Pro-4X & 2007 Avalanche White S 5AT 4x4 ❌terras

Garage
That sounds likely. That's the kind of crap that chase pulls. I'll never do business with them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
buckshot likes this.

- J.J. Watt
”You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.”

and

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 08:46 AM
Veteran
2012 Night Armor Xterra S 4x4

You guys say they pulled the promo. Was this one of their lightning deals? Amazon has time limits on deals all the time. With new deals beginning and ending all day every day. They also have limits on total volume sold. You can see "55% remaining -- 2hrs 20min left" on the deals page. Similar to the tactics used in tiered Black Friday Pricing. Buy this before 0600hrs, get this before 0800hrs, etc.

I wouldn't put it past a mega-corporation or the sinister Chase bank family to pull some shady crap on us though but just wanted to chime in with my 2 cents.

2012 Nissan Xterra S 4x4 Night Armor Metallic (K26)
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 08:53 AM
Veteran
2011 Night Armor Xterra S 4x4 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frink View Post
You guys say they pulled the promo. Was this one of their lightning deals? Amazon has time limits on deals all the time. With new deals beginning and ending all day every day. They also have limits on total volume sold. You can see "55% remaining -- 2hrs 20min left" on the deals page. Similar to the tactics used in tiered Black Friday Pricing. Buy this before 0600hrs, get this before 0800hrs, etc.

I wouldn't put it past a mega-corporation or the sinister Chase bank family to pull some shady crap on us though but just wanted to chime in with my 2 cents.
Nope, not a lightning deal. The email says in the small print it's a limited time offer while supplies last.
Frink likes this.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 02:18 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2005 Night Armor ❌terra Off-Road - Overlanding Build

Quote:
That's some straight bait and switch BS! "While supplies last" apparently they ran out of stock on discounts. So lame. I was gonna stock up on baby formula when I get home from work. (Runs~ $100-$125/mo so might as well.) sigh... Babies are expensive. Give me my discount! Lol
Quote:
I know that. I have the same email. I used an Amazon Rewards Visa card, and I have Amazon prime. I had $200 of baby formula in my cart sold by and shipped from Amazon. The code has expired. A quick Google search shows Amazon/Visa pulled the plug on the code a few hours ago screwing everyone who planned to use it after work.
Amazon came though! Got this email today and they added a $30 gift card credit to my account. The best part is, I never actually went though with the purchase. So i just got a free $30 gift card without spending a penny! Awesome!!!!

FisherNick likes this.

Support small businesses that support us! -

post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 02:48 PM
Veteran
2011 Night Armor Xterra S 4x4 6MT

They must have pissed off a lot of folks. I know I wouldn't have made my purchase that day if they'd revoked the offer.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-15-2016, 07:05 PM
Veteran
2013 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

Quote:
Amazon came though! Got this email today and they added a $30 gift card credit to my account. The best part is, I never actually went though with the purchase. So i just got a free $30 gift card without spending a penny! Awesome!!!!

This solidifies for me that Chase was the ones to pull the plug on it and not Amazon. Amazon always does the right thing. I placed a big order (over $200) on Prime day and my first package said a certain item was delivered and it wasnt. I called them and they had one overnighted to me with a refund for the inconvenience. Pretty awesome in my book for fixing their mistakes lol
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old Today, 02:33 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2010 Midnight Armor ❌terra X

Garage
So....anyone hoping for any particular deals this year? Fingers crossed on a dual batt kit

"Well, my time of not taking you seriously is coming to a middle."

Click Here for >

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Exterior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode