THEMED PHOTOS: Towing Stuff, Especailly Campers! - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 500 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Veteran
2005 Xterra Off-Road

THEMED PHOTOS: Towing Stuff, Especailly Campers!

Just two weeks ago, I got hooked on looking at campers... I just want to see what everyone is hauling with their X's. Especially the camper trailers... With be probably not being able to work here in a couple of years and retiring at an early age, I might as well go out and have some fun in the next half of my life!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 500 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 10:46 AM
Veteran
2005 Xterra Canadian S

not a camper but it had everything we own in it and I pulled across the country. Also had the wives winter tires on the roof.
post #3 of 500 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 10:48 AM
Veteran
2008 Xterra Hybrid Edition

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” Carlin

post #4 of 500 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 10:54 AM
Rev
Veteran
2008 Xterra SE

fyi. there is a towing thread.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 500 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Veteran
2005 Xterra Off-Road

I searched and didn't find one... Guess I didn't use the correct terms... Got a link?

And Justwork... How did that tow? I will be moving here on June 1st and will be getting the 6x12 uhaul trailer for our stuff...
post #6 of 500 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 12:13 PM
Veteran
2006 Xterra Off Road

Horsepower!

Shrockworks Sliders/Skids/Diff/Bumpers, fwd: ICON 2.5, aft: AC Shackles/Deaver mini-pack/Bilstien 5125s, V1, Garmin 660, Delorme PN-40, Ultragauge, Yaesu FT-8800, MileMarker SE12 w/fireline, BFG KM2's/17" MB 72, Engel 45, KC's, 338W of LED lights, custom: roof light bar and rack, fuel storage, pin striping, hi-lift, & camera mounts.
post #7 of 500 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 01:42 PM
Veteran
2008 Xterra SE

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksnort View Post
Nice! But are you using a pintle mount hitch with that? (rattle rattle, thump thump....)

"On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions, who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait, and waiting--died!"

post #8 of 500 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 01:47 PM
Veteran
2008 Xterra Off Road Titan Swapped

Garage
i hate pintle hitches. we have them at work. they SUCK!!!
SwanSmash likes this.

<----Click Me
post #9 of 500 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 01:49 PM
Veteran
2008 Xterra SE

Garage
Here's my (current) setup that I'll be using a lot this summer (can't take any long trips due to work and my daughter's soccer, but lots of weekend trips will be nice)... Coleman Fleetwood Americana popup tent trailer with two cargo boxes (one filled with firewood, the other with our sleeping bags and gear). Inside the trailer is a very large cooler and our other gear like chairs, lanterns, ect. And you can see my family's bikes mounted. This leaves the back of the Xterra open for the dogs, and now that I have my Dephep rack I may put more gear on the roof if I'm not taking a kayak along.

"On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions, who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait, and waiting--died!"

post #10 of 500 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 01:52 PM
Veteran
2008 Xterra SE

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08XOR View Post
i hate pintle hitches. we have them at work. they SUCK!!!
Well, they do allow a lot more articulation from many more angles than a ball mount hitch, which is important for off road.

But I would rather have something like this I think:

mtnbound likes this.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > Pictures & Videos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode