THEMED PHOTOS: Towing Stuff, Especailly Campers! - Page 2 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 501 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 01:55 PM
Veteran
2008 Xterra Off Road Titan Swapped

Garage
that is very true. but they are still annoying. haha

thats a cool design. ive never seen that before

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<----Click Me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 501 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 01:57 PM
Veteran
2005 Xterra Canadian S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1130 View Post
I searched and didn't find one... Guess I didn't use the correct terms... Got a link?

And Justwork... How did that tow? I will be moving here on June 1st and will be getting the 6x12 uhaul trailer for our stuff...
It towed alright. I pulled it from Vancouver to Toronto. That's 2 mountain ranges, hours and hours and hours of prairies, hot curvy Ontario roads. The only issue I had was I loaded the trailer with the CofG to far aft, causing it to sway big time when I would hit about 55 mph. I was by myself, so unloading the trailer wasn't an option. I had loaded my winter tires for the other car last, and they're on rims so pretty heavy. The solution was to remove the tires and ratchet strap them to the roof rack - makes for amazing fuel economy

My X is a manual, didn't see 6th gear the entire time, unless it was a huge down hill - even then I would keep it in 5th or 4th to keep the brakes cool. 4th and 5th pulled fine, about 110KPH the entire drive.
post #13 of 501 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 02:06 PM
Veteran
2005 Xterra Canadian S

4400 KM or 2750 miles.

post #14 of 501 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 02:31 PM
Rev
Veteran
2008 Xterra SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1130 View Post
I searched and didn't find one... Guess I didn't use the correct terms... Got a link?

And Justwork... How did that tow? I will be moving here on June 1st and will be getting the 6x12 uhaul trailer for our stuff...
Sure.

https://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthr...ghlight=towing

https://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthr...ghlight=towing

Here's what I did: advanced search, titles only, "towing"

PS: my ipad doesn't have the search function on this forum (and pics don't show up on the iPad either, not that that pertains here) so I couldn't produce a link for you before.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #15 of 501 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 05:29 PM
Veteran
2006 Black Xterra S 2x4

Love to tow!

Here ya go Neo, camper trailer!! This is our old trailer, traded it in for a Nomad 206, which is a foot longer, but 450lbs lighter!!

Click Here for >

Last edited by Unamused; 04-23-2011 at 05:33 PM.
post #16 of 501 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 07:02 PM
Veteran
2008 Xterra Hybrid Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpzguy View Post
Nice! But are you using a pintle mount hitch with that? (rattle rattle, thump thump....)
It connects to a surge brake setup so I'll have to go with the bumping. Inside my surge unit there's a shock absorber that takes up most of the bump.
Peeps have made adapters to use a ball hitch but the pintle as better articulation.

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” Carlin
post #17 of 501 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 07:04 PM
Veteran
2011 Xterra Pro-4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by unamused View Post
Love to tow!

Here ya go Neo, camper trailer!! This is our old trailer, traded it in for a Nomad 206, which is a foot longer, but 450lbs lighter!!

VERY NICE!!!

Just wondering how much does the trailer weight in total and how is the gas mileage when towing it compare to not towing?

Thanks
post #18 of 501 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 07:32 PM
2009 Xterra SE w/ Tech and Leather Package

^^The little X that could. That looks like a huge trailer compared to the X.

MODS: General Grabber AT2 tires, 8K HID head/fogs, 20% Tint, AVIC-x920bt(sirius,ipod,BT,backup cam,nav,dvd re-pin), T2 components(front), T1 tweeters and coax(back), 12" P3 in ported box, Stinger SPP1500D power cell, M-Class 5-channel amp, Compustar Remote start/Alarm, and Volant Intake.
post #19 of 501 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Veteran
2005 Xterra Off-Road

Very nice, unamused! That does look pretty big... How much she weigh? I just want to keep it fairly light to keep wear and tear/gas mileage down...
post #20 of 501 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 08:32 PM
Veteran
2008 Red Alert Xterra X

Total weight is at almost 5000#s.

Click Here for >

Rule #16: If someone thinks they have the upper hand, break it.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > Pictures & Videos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode