Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Announcement: The Future of the Annual thenewx.org Calendar

15K views 63 replies 18 participants last post by  Surf and Snow 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
2019 thenewx.org Calendar GB was a great success:

https://www.thenewx.org/forum/59-gr...org-calendars-ends-12-5-18-a.html#post4250770

Updated to start the tracking for the 2020 Calendar

Old Background:

Hello friends,​
For years now Chase IZVERG has made the Annual thenewx.org Calendars. This was really great while he was a very active member, but he sold his X years ago and hasn’t been active here in many years. Every year he has been kind enough to put these together still, but understandably it has been very last minute, and some things like soliciting sponsors stopped occurring due to lack of time which made costs go up and order numbers go down etc… While I greatly appreciate and am thankful for all he has done, I think that it is time to pass the torch.​
Moving forward starting with next year’s calendar (2018) I’m going to undertake this effort. I will be running a more progressive schedule with the goal of having these in people’s hands by January 1st. I’m also going to work to bring back supporting sponsors to try to lower costs. I am not doing this to try to make a profit. I’m doing this contribute to the community.​

The format will remain the same, for example, the 2020 Calendar will have:

Cover: 2018 TOTY Winner
Jan-Nov: Respective 2019 Monthly TOTM Winners
Dec: 2018 Dec TOTM Winner (This is done so the calendars can be produced and mailed in Dec, otherwise they wouldn’t be done until Feb.)

The following is my tentative yearly schedule (which may change as things develop):

All Year:
Each month after a winner is announced, request a hi-res copy of the winning photo
Oct 15 – Oct 31: Request supplemental favorites from winners (request 2 week turnaround Due by Oct 31)
Nov x: Request full size pics and 3-4 other favorites from Nov winner (request a fast turnaround)
Nov 15: Goal date to have a completed 90% Proof (wont know Nov winner yet) and post pics
Nov 15 – Dec 5th: Open Group Buy. If you want a calendar, payment must be received by Dec 5th.
Dec ~5th: Get winning photo from November Poll
Dec ~6th: Order calendars from printer
Dec 15-20 (hopefully): Receive calendars from printer and ship to those who bought one
Dec 20-31: USPS delivering to members
Jan 1: Hang new calendar on wall

Updates will follow in October when sales season nears.

-Jay

Updated table for the new year and creation of the 2020 calendar:

Photo Collection Tracking Status:

Slot Winner Request for Hi-res photo sent Original winning photo rec'd optional supplemental photos rec'd (Oct)
TOTY-18 (cover) Chase5Hart Last year :thumbright: N/A
Jan-19 jeansleeves :)
Feb-19 MrBoJangles_91 :) :thumbright:
Mar-19 klainmeister :)
Apr-19
May-19
Jun-19
Jul-19
Aug-19
Sep-19
Oct-19
Nov-19
Dec-18 Stoic V :) :thumbright: N/A

See less See more
#38 ·
I looked at them, but at $20/ea to start, with any options and then shipping I'd be pushing $30/ea shipped and I'm trying to come in under $20 shipped. I looked at about a dozen options including Costco, Walmart, Amazon, Apple, Shutterly, Vistaprint and others. I'm going with VistaPrint this year for what seems to be the best balance of quality vs. cost. Will see how that works out this year and reevaluate options next year.

#40 ·
UPDATE 11/15/17 Calendar is mostly put together, asside from waiting on the tiebreaker from Oct and then the last minute Nov winner.

I am still waiting for supplemental photos from @BE20, @Un4seen4, and @alan.danish Another round of reminder/begging PM's has been sent.

Hoping to have a 90% proof after I get the winner from Oct at which time I'll open the Group Buy for about 2 weeks with a deadline to pay of Dec 4th. Hoping to come in at $20 or less shipped to US. (more for Canada)

#45 ·
OP updated a year later to the same day and within 20 mins lol

Updated table for the 2019 calendar.

Dec 2017 TOTM winner hi-res photo received from @IM1RU, and the next years calendar is rolling! :thumbright:

#55 · (Edited)
Winning pic and supplementals recvd from Aug winner @MrBoJangles_91. :thumbright:

Request for winning pic and supplementals sent to Sept winner @Mr. Bills.

Request for supplemental pics sent to previous winners I only have one winning pic from.

Crunch time is approaching. Stay tuned for updates on the group buy in about a month from now!

~Approximate schedule in first post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.