gone2019 What are you Running? - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

2007 Avalanche White ❌terra S-TSWAP

Send a message via Skype™ to Chase5Hart
gone2019 What are you Running?

Whats everyone planning on running, and any recommendations for a T-Swapped on 35's? Thinks about mostly red and a few easier ones to catch my breath! Looking forward to the first GONE!!
maXTERRA and DaveN like this.

Click Here for my Build >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 12:44 AM
Veteran
2010 Super Black Xterra Off Road

Poison spider is a fun one, we did that last year but once is good for me. Well most likely do Metal Masher again that was a blast. I’d like to also do hell’s gate next year but past that I’ll prob do blues and a green just have fun. Doing 3 reds and 2 blues was not an easy week.
maXTERRA and Chase5Hart like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-IG-x.treks- "No one can deny the pure flex of Un4seen4" - AlbatrossCafe
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 11:30 AM
Supporting Member
2011 Brilliant Silver ❌terra Pro-4X

Almost any trail you haven't done would make for a good week. Don't do a full week of Reds. Every trail from the light blue on up will have some tough sections.
maXTERRA, BCBrian and Chase5Hart like this.

and

Everything happens for a reason .... Sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and make bad decisions.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 12:35 PM
2015 Brilliant Silver Xterra Pro-4X

Mon - Hidden Canyon
Tue - Backwards Bill
Wed - Elephant Hill
Thu - Jax Trax
Fri - Hells Revenge

I agree with IM1RU.... just being in the area with other Nissan fanatics is a blast!

Click here for >
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 01:55 PM
2010 Xterra X 4x4 6MT

People might normally say start off the week with the Offroading 101 (Tip-Toe Thru Fins) to get acquainted to the driving conditions on slickrock - but you're from Utah so assume it won't be something new to you. Although you still might want to do it - Terry is TL and is very knowledgeable of the area and the trails and an all-around great guy to hang out on a trail with, and Fins is still one of my favorites for Moab.

My first year out I did 3 Reds and 2 Blues, and agree with others in that it was very tiring. Last year I also did 3 Reds/2 Blues, although the Reds were on the easier side than my first year. Its nice to have some Blues mixed in, especially the scenic ones. I've never done any of the Greens, but have heard White Rim is fantastic for scenic interest and plan on running it in the future.

As far as what trails your rig can handle - I would say half of it is also your off-roading skills. My first year I was mostly stock except for a 2" lift (AAL and Spacer), sliders, and 33" tires. Stock bumpers, skids, open diffs, manual. I ran Backwards Bill, TOTW Reverse, and Hells Revenge for Reds. There was only one obstacle I had to bypass on TOTW, as I didn't have the approach angle with my stock bumper to get my tires on the ledge.

Follow your spotter, stay off the skinny pedal, and you'll have fun. T-swapped with locker and low gears will make it all the easier.

Some of my favorite Reds:

TOTW (have done it both normal and reverse, enjoyed normal much more. The view at the top is all worth it).
Backwards Bill (Did this my first year out, Wipeout Hill was fun, but was very nervous as it was my 2nd trail of the week).
Poison Spider (it was a looong trail, but I still enjoyed it.)

Favorite Blues:

Fins (The climbs are fantastic - its fun when you start up and think it is too steep but the tires just grip like crazy)
Bartlett Overlook (good scenic trail)
Porcupine Rim (a nice one to end on Friday, as its short but still has some fun climbs/descents. View from top is also very nice).

Here's my lineup for 2019 (doing more Blues this year, and focusing on ones I haven't run before)

M: Dome Plateau
Tu: Elephant Hill
W: Steel Bender
Th: Flat Iron Mesa
F: Fins
Chase5Hart likes this.

Last edited by BillySpivitz; 12-07-2018 at 10:22 AM.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 05:13 PM

Leading the Overland Trip and plan to be back by Wed night. I'd like to run Elephant Hill on Thursday (bucket list for me) and either Seven Mile or Steel Bender on Friday.

Really looking forward it!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 10:23 PM
Supporting Member
2006 Night Armor ❌terra S

Definitely don't do all Reds!
By Friday, you'll be beat!
Break it up a bit.

Fins, 7 Mile, TOTW, Metal masher, Elephant Hill, Poison Spyder, Flat Iron Mesa are my favorites all lots of fun.

I'm leading Bartlett Thursday, which consists of tusher tunnel, Bartlett wash, mashed potato's, and Bartlett canyon overlook. A few fun obstacles, and incredible scenery!

Dave
DaveN likes this.

>

"I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within."
Douglas MacArthur

Last edited by maXTERRA; 03-27-2019 at 07:04 PM.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

2007 Avalanche White ❌terra S-TSWAP

Send a message via Skype™ to Chase5Hart
Signed up and can't wait, yes I am running a lot of reds lol, Ive done hells and fins alone, and want the chance to push myself a little while spotters and other rigs are there! Also im 18 and have wayyy to much energy to kill. What is the best place to stay? Anyone looking to possible share/split a room somewhere for the week?
SEE YOU BOYS THERE!!
Mon- PSM
Tues- Metal Masher
Wed- Seven Mile
Thur- TOTW
Fri- Steel Bender

Click Here for my Build >

Last edited by Chase5Hart; 12-02-2018 at 11:00 PM.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 11:23 AM
Veteran
2015 Metallic Blue Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
I will finally be able to make this, after cancelling two years ago and missing last year.

Mon- 101 (first year)
Tues- Seven Mile Rim
Wed- Elephant Hill
Thur- Jax Trax
Fri- Fins
BCBrian and Chase5Hart like this.

R. Long
Build Thread-->

SoCal Club Xterra -->
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 03:25 PM
TNX Realm Noobie
2005 Xterra Off-Road

I'm super excited for my 2nd year at GoneMoab! I had an amazing time last year!

Mon- TOTW
Tue- Elephant Hill
Wed- Seven Mile Rim
Thur- Poison Spider Mesa
Fri- Porcupine Rim

See you all there!

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > Tracks, Trails & Off-Road Parks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode