How-to: Overide M226 e-Locker - PBR - Page 15 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #141 of 180 (permalink) Old 01-12-2016, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
2006 Granite Xterra OR 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowtrout View Post
Mine while flash occasionally, I did it to the wiring. As surf said the teeth need to mesh.
Yea, that's odd. The way this mod is written, if the locker isn't locked, the position switch isn't closed, the indicator light isn't powered. There is no waiting to engage blinking like from the factory. Having a blinking light with this mod sounds like the locking pieces aren't fully seated in the locked position.

Odd

[W6ORV] 2M/70CM Icom Mobile Dual Band / CB / 60 Amp Aux Power Buss / Front Suspension - Fabtech 6" Lift w/ Radflo COS's & 650# Eibachs / Rear Suspension - SOA Conversion, Deaver AAL & PRG Lift Brackets, Fox 2.0 Res / Tom Woods Double Cardan 1310 Driveshaft / BTF Diff Cover / Anytime M226 Rear Locker Mod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 180 (permalink) Old 01-12-2016, 07:34 PM
Veteran
2012 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

Guess I should clarify. If I'm stopped when engaging it's either off or on. If I'm moving some it might flash. Still works way better than factory.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #143 of 180 (permalink) Old 01-17-2016, 10:14 PM
Veteran
2010 Night Armor Xterra Off Road

Garage
Perhaps I missed it, but has anyone installed a "EA310" into a truck that came with an "EA31A" or vice versa? I just picked up a EA310 and in reading the top posts, it won't work.

I don't mind just modifying mine if I have too, but I was hoping to keep one a factory unit for warranty purposes.

post #144 of 180 (permalink) Old 01-22-2016, 11:41 PM
Veteran

Garage
I just completed the DLCU mod on a "310" unit and installed it into my 10' OR. My truck came with a "31A" unit from the factory. What I've noticed so far is; that the locker does lock much quicker now and more importantly that the "310" can work in place of the "31A". However, I do not have a diff lock light on my dash. Now I'm not certain if this is a symptom of using a DLCU not intended to be used on my truck or not. I completed the mod inside the DLCU just like shown on page 12 of this thread.

Has anyone else had an issue where there is no indication on the dash that the diff is locked?
post #145 of 180 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 09:21 PM
Veteran
2007 Silver Lightning Xterra Off Road 6MT

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Has anyone else had an issue where there is no indication on the dash that the diff is locked?
I am currently having that issue. I did the mod before work today and didn't really have time to troubleshoot it. Can you tell me what your issue was?

I used the blue (18ga) t taps and tomorrow I will be swapping them out for the red t taps.
post #146 of 180 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 11:00 PM
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_attack View Post
I am currently having that issue. I did the mod before work today and didn't really have time to troubleshoot it. Can you tell me what your issue was?

I used the blue (18ga) t taps and tomorrow I will be swapping them out for the red t taps.
I can't tell you. There was never a reply. I'm assuming it was because of the different module, but I didn't mod my factory one and the modded one still works.
post #147 of 180 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 12:08 AM Thread Starter

Sorry you're not getting help with the mod'd modules. I only wrote the wiring mod.

[W6ORV] 2M/70CM Icom Mobile Dual Band / CB / 60 Amp Aux Power Buss / Front Suspension - Fabtech 6" Lift w/ Radflo COS's & 650# Eibachs / Rear Suspension - SOA Conversion, Deaver AAL & PRG Lift Brackets, Fox 2.0 Res / Tom Woods Double Cardan 1310 Driveshaft / BTF Diff Cover / Anytime M226 Rear Locker Mod
post #148 of 180 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 05:30 PM
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rm975 View Post
Sorry you're not getting help with the mod'd modules. I only wrote the wiring mod.
Yeah that's what I followed. Not sure where I went wrong
post #149 of 180 (permalink) Old 11-11-2016, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_attack View Post
Yeah that's what I followed. Not sure where I went wrong
First, get away from wire taps.

Is the locker engaging. If so, how are you confirming it?

post #150 of 180 (permalink) Old 11-11-2016, 11:32 AM
Veteran

Garage
I put it on jackstands to troubleshoot today.

The locker works as intended. I can lock anytime. However, there is never a blinking diff lock light. I click the button and it takes a few seconds and then it comes on solid. No blinking. It does actually engage. Also when I take it off it stays solid for a few seconds then finally turns off. Again no blinking

Is this normal?

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > How-to's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode