How-to: Restore Faded Plastic on Xterra - Page 4 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-11-2017, 10:01 PM
Veteran
2015 Metallic Blue Xterra PRO-4X AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by charpe3 View Post
I haven't done mine 100%, but it's a likely that I will in the future.
Okay "spray bedliner" must be something totally different from what I had in mind, as yours just looks like regular paint to me. To me, bedliner is the spray-in cargo bed liner from LineX that I had put in my Frontier. It's rough/gritty, looks like crap when dirty, and nearly impossible to get clean. But yours looks more like a smooth satin paint. What makes it bedliner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA PRO 4X View Post
Looks great! For reference, it looks about the same as what I get from the Back to Black. I suspect many of these rub-on products are similar.

KDJ | Ottawa, Canada
2015 Xterra PRO-4X 5AT |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| 2009 Frontier SE-V6 4X4 6MT (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
Lone Leaf Photography |
|
|

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 10:06 AM
Veteran
2006 Xterra S 4x4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneLeaf View Post
Okay "spray bedliner" must be something totally different from what I had in mind, as yours just looks like regular paint to me. To me, bedliner is the spray-in cargo bed liner from LineX that I had put in my Frontier. It's rough/gritty, looks like crap when dirty, and nearly impossible to get clean. But yours looks more like a smooth satin paint. What makes it bedliner?
It's Rustoleum spray can Truck Bed Liner. It's not obvious in the pictures, but it's definitely not smooth and it's also a pain to clean. I'd say it's probably a much finer grit than professional Line-x. For $6/can though, it's great stuff! I used it for the entire bed on my Sierra. They also make roll on kind that is a lot grittier and looks more like Line-X/Rhino.

"Terrin"
"It's NOT a van..."

post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 12:14 PM
Veteran
2015 Metallic Blue Xterra PRO-4X AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by charpe3 View Post
It's Rustoleum spray can Truck Bed Liner. It's not obvious in the pictures, but it's definitely not smooth and it's also a pain to clean. I'd say it's probably a much finer grit than professional Line-x. For $6/can though, it's great stuff! I used it for the entire bed on my Sierra. They also make roll on kind that is a lot grittier and looks more like Line-X/Rhino.
Ah okay, thanks! Maybe I'll pick up a can and test it on something laying around to see what it looks like. I def don't want to make things harder to clean, but I could use it on potentially slippery step surfaces like the little plastic steps at the rear bumper corners.

KDJ | Ottawa, Canada
2015 Xterra PRO-4X 5AT |
| 2009 Frontier SE-V6 4X4 6MT (
)
Lone Leaf Photography |
|
|

post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-14-2017, 12:32 AM
2008 Xterra Off Road

Garage
I'll probably Plastidip some of my plastic next summer

post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 09:48 AM
2009 Super Black Xterra OR

Any update on how this has held up over the years? @PA PRO 4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA PRO 4X View Post
Attachment 77658

I currently got done a few weeks back using the new McKess 37 trim restorer. Amazing product. Does not run in rain or washes. Several weeks have passed and it still looks like the day I applied it.

https://www.autogeek.net/mckees-37-trim-restorer.html

Solution Finish has just released their new GREY trim restorer also...

https://www.autogeek.net/solution-fi...-restorer.html

post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 12:38 PM
2012 Avalanche White Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Eastwood Plastic Resurfacer is the way to go in my opinion. I applied back in April of this year and it still looks the same as when I painted it.

Here are some photos of when I did it on this post
https://www.thenewx.org/forum/23-ext...urfacer-2.html
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 08:00 PM
TNX Realm Noobie
2015 Xterra Canadian LIMITED edition PRO 4X

Get some Black Magic Tire Foam , Costco , ( three cans tire / plus one can rim cleaner ). Previously they had Simoniz....not the same. I noticed that in the directions , on the Black Magic can ...quote: can also be used on wet tires and other rubber surfaces ( ie bumpers. mud flaps, trim). Use a wet sponge , spray on sponge , wipe all trim , wait a few minutes or rub it in a bit . Great stuff , bugs will not stick to front , mud seems to wash away with just water next time you have to clean the xterra.
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old Today, 01:21 PM
Veteran
2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2 CC V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjack View Post
Any update on how this has held up over the years? @PA PRO 4X
Product is solid. Trim still looked like new before I traded it last November.

2018 Colorado ZR2

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > How-to's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode