Titan Front Sway Bar - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
2006 Solar Yellow Xterra S 2WD

Titan Front Sway Bar

Hello all,
I am not finding the an answer so I am now asking everyone. Has anyone used the Titan front sway bar on their X after doing the Titan swap? I am wanting to put the sway bar back on but I am trying to find out what they best plan of action is. Any help is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 11:51 AM
Veteran
2007 Night Armor Xterra S

Yes, I believe it was ymbhonk that did it. You'd need either titan rims or something equivalent for the end links to fit or I think he actually got PRG's end links to work in the Xterra rim
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

I will be buying 17" wheels to put on once I get the swap done. I am only waiting on a few parts that are on order.

Is the Titan sway bar the same diameter as the Xterra one? Will I need to buy new bushing for the sway bar?

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 01:10 PM
Veteran

Those are questions for someone that has actually done this. There is a reason that no one runs the titan sway bar after the titan swap. That reason is that the sway bar completely defeats the purpose of the titan swap in that it severly limits your wheel travel. If you are running adapters and titan wheels though then you should be all set, as far as bolting it on, I believe everything is the exact same other than it being 6" longer but like I said, try and track down ymbhonk's build thread or PM him and see what he knows about it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

Killswitch, Thanks for the info. I looked into ymbhonk and found his build page. Looks great and I sent him a pm with my questions.

I know that the reason people do the TS is to get more travel for off roading and such. My X does not see off road nearly as much as I would like it to. I am wanting to keep the sway bar to keep the body roll to a minimum. Since the Xterra is the vehicle that we take on all our road trips, I am doing the swap to give it a larger stance on the road and also keeping the stability.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 10:18 AM
Veteran
2005 Night Armor Xterra Off-Road

Hey nothing wrong with that if your going to be mainly on road. Im going to be adding one on too and remove it when wheeling.

Sent from my DROIDX
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 11:07 AM
Veteran

There is nothing wrong with titan swapping and then keeping a sway bar, if I could just toss an opinion/advice out there....If you would like to save a little cash you can always throw some wheel spacers on and give it the wider stance/meaner look without spending a couple grand.

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I have done the wheel spacer thing before and it gave me a bunch of bump-steer and i did enjoy it. I have read nothing but great things about the Titan swap and I figured it is the best way to widen the front and still have "factory" steering. I will be using spacers on the rear to help match the stance. I am not planning on getting rid of the X any time soon so why not just nut up and do it right.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 07:55 PM
Veteran
2010 Xterra OR 6MT

Did a Titan swap to a Frontier many years ago. Used the Titan steering rack and sway bar. All worked fine. I have had too many rides without a sway bar, I will take the slight compromise for the added streetability.

Was I the only one who was sobor and paying attention in college?
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 01:45 PM
2005 Solar Yellow Xterra S

sorry for the late response i just got out of a selection and was in the field for 2 weeks. I never ran a titan sway bar, i did use the PRG end links with the Xterra sway bar for a day until i decided that it was useless.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Suspension & Steering

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode