Proposed Suspension Lift - Phase 2 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator / (NEXTerra) Club Moderator
2006 Super Black ❌terra Off Road

Proposed Suspension Lift - Phase 2

Hey all. Thought I'd share with everyone my next phase of lifting my truck. For those of you who remembered my first thread - Proposed Suspension Lift - I ended up installing the following items back in April:

AC Coils
AC Shackles
Calmini AAL's
Extended Rear Brake Lines
Extended Rear Bilstein Shocks

I had taken measurements from the center of the wheel hub to the bottom of the fender before and after the lift. Here's what I came up with (please note that these are approx. measurements)

Before Lift
Front: 19.5"
Rear: 20"
Rake: .5"

After Lift
Front: 22"
Rear: 23"
Rake: 1"

Well, I placed an order last week with PRG, and just got the shipment in today. It took 4 business days to come in, which I was impressed with because PRG is in CA and I am in MA. But anyway, I got in the PRG UCA's, PRG shackles and Radflo coilovers. I was hoping to install everything this weekend, but the UCA's have some damage to the powdercoating. Greg is already on top of it. I'm going to ship them back, and he'll ship me out another set.

The main reason for getting this set up was the quality of the ride. Since the lift went on back in April, the front of the truck has been very stiff, and the shocks top out on various dips and bumps in the road. I know this is due to the fact that I did not upgrade the stock shocks when the AC coils were installed, and I do not have the extra weight of a winch bumper on the front to help out a bit. I can't wait to see the difference the way the truck will ride.

Also, once everything is installed, I'm hoping that I'll get a full 3" lift in the front, and a little closer to the stock .5" rake. I realize the PRG shackles are longer than the AC shackles, and will bring the rear of the truck up a tiny bit more, but I don't think it will be that much more. We'll see.

I'll keep you updated once I get the parts swapped out, and then installed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 04:19 PM
2nd Godfather / Administrator
2005 Granite Xterra Off-Road

Curious, why the PRG shackles?

Muzikman
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 04:24 PM
Veteran
2006 Midnight Blue Xterra S w/OR Badges

Well the PRG shackles are a tad bit longer if you have them set at the highest lifting point... But remember they are adjustable so you can lower them a bit to get the exact rake you want.

Im guessing he wantedthose shackles because they are adjustable and becasue if you see them next to the AC shackles you will fall in love!!

Call me Eddo

The First SuperCharged 2nd Gen >

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 04:37 PM
2nd Godfather / Administrator
2005 Granite Xterra Off-Road

I just never had the desire to change the shackle length. As for falling in love, maybe, but what is the real advantage of the PRG over the AC?

Muzikman
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator / (NEXTerra) Club Moderator
2006 Super Black ❌terra Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzikman
Curious, why the PRG shackles?
*shrug*
Just kinda liked the look of them when I first saw them. And figured I'd give them a shot. And they're bigger.

post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 05:38 PM
Veteran

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Mark
How about "just because?"

post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator / Middle Atlantic Regional Moderator / (GPAX) Club Moderator
2005 Super Black ❌terra S

Send a message via AIM to XterraPA Send a message via Yahoo to XterraPA
The PRG shackles kick ass, that's why!

Your truck will be dominant and I will be jealous when you complete the front suspension. This just proves I need to make more money and get the TC UCA and radflows.

Go Mike go!

Stephen Q. Breslin -

'05 - Super Black "S" 4x4 - 6MT

GPAX Founder/ El Presidente
- "A man of the people!"
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 06:40 PM
Veteran

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Mark
We just need someone to lay em side by side and shoot a couple photos. Thats now your job mike

post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 06:46 PM
Veteran
2006 Midnight Blue Xterra S w/OR Badges

IM going to do that tomorrow (heck maybe i can do it tonight).... when i put the PRG shackles on and take the AC ones off.

Call me Eddo

The First SuperCharged 2nd Gen >
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 12:38 AM
Veteran
2006 Xterra Offroad

Send a message via AIM to XterraDude
Sooo i have a similar front end suspension setup as you right now and i a very much so considering doing the PRG UCA's and the Radflos. Right now the front end is soooo stiff that if i go over a speed bump my front end bounces to a stand still and sometimes on the freeway catches air off small dips. PLEASE TELL ME THAT YOUR NEW SETUP COMPLETELY FIXES THIS. Also how much did he charge you for his new UCA's?

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Suspension & Steering

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode