Just finished 3 inch Lift - Extreme Positive Camber - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 12:34 AM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie

Just finished 3 inch Lift - Extreme Positive Camber

So I just dropped my x back down onto the tires today after installing extended radflos 2.0 set in the middle with 1.5 inch top spacers, SPC arms and Moog cam bolts. The rear is an emu leaf pack with 3 degree shim and adjustable prg shackles set in the middle. The results were 37 inch height in front and 36.5 in the rear. Thinking I will put the shackles to the highest setting to even out the rear to the front. The big problem is that the camber looks so positive I can't drive it. I went around the block 1x very slowly and the tires sounded like I was running on flats on the straights and squealing like crazy on the turns. Can anyone tell me where I should have the cam bolts and UPC set to correct this enough so I can get to the tire shop to get a set of 285 75 16 and an alignment? I currently have the SPC set to the +1 "D" setting that the instructions say are default for a 2-3 inch lift and the cam bolts were set with fat part of washer up. You can see the extreme positive camber in the photos. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 12:43 AM
2012 Night Armor Xterra S

Garage
I have similar lift with 285/75R16 tires. I have nearly 0 positive camber. My fat part of the cam bolt points more towards the inside of the x. I'm not sure where the SPC ball joints are set though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 01:07 AM
2005 Silver Lightning Xterra SE 4x4 5AT

If you have spacers AND the radflos set in the middle, how much lift does that give you? If the spacer is 1.5 inches thick it gives you 3 inches of lift (roughly twice the thickness) already... How much does the radflo set give if set to the middle?

I'd imagine you've got too much lift going on. It doesn't look like those cam bolts are going to correct the camber enough to fix your issue.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 01:27 AM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie

Sorry I should have soecified .75 actual spacer. It's a stacked .5 and .25 spacer set. For 1.5 total lift. I figured putting 3 inch rads in middle would give me 3 inch lift.

Adam12SD likes this.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 01:35 AM

Ah okay. Yeah, then I would try and put the cam bolts to their widest point (thicker side of washer towards center of vehicle) and change the SPC setting to E or F.

The directions I see state D gives a +2 degree camber setting. Remember though, that lift pucks will increase positive camber slightly too.

I have the Titan SPCs though, not sure if that's any different. I'm sure someone more experienced could chime in and correct me though.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 01:38 AM

Whoops. I read it wrong... I was substituting camber for caster on the directions.

Now I'm all confused too.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 01:39 AM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie

After doing a little digging around here my plan to correct the problem is to set cam bolts to the outside washer in and set the uca close to the bucket as possible. I'm glad I trimmed based on possibly needing that setting! Also move uca washer to e setting. After that dial down the rads until it looks like its possible to drive again and as even as I can tell by eyeing it.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 01:41 AM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam12SD View Post
Whoops. I read it wrong... I was substituting camber for caster on the directions.

Now I'm all confused too.
Hey man thanks for the help! This is my first build, I found this site when I was planning putting on awesome ranchos 8 weeks ago.

Adam12SD likes this.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 07:15 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
2015 Brilliant Silver 6MT Pro-4X & 2007 Avalanche White S 5AT 4x4 ❌terras

Garage
Take a pic of how you have your UCA’s set up.

I suspect you have Titan width UCA’s and Xterra width LCA’s.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- J.J. Watt
”You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and

Last edited by jsexton; 05-22-2019 at 07:20 AM.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie

I'm suspecting maybe I put them in upside down? Here is best pic I have of uca right now. This was before I set the rads to the middle. I bought the uca from buy and sell on this forum was told they were Xterra.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Suspension & Steering

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode