2007 4x4 OME Front/Rear Lift - Page 2 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 05:55 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
2007 Midnight Blue ❌terra S

Garage
You're not going to get 3-4" without Titan swapping. The OE front suspension would be topped out and you'll be eating CVs and ball joints.

Here's a setup I recommend for folks who want a little lift now and a light upgrade.

Bilstein 5100s set at 1.5" lift.
PRG single AAL in the rear for a little extra capacity and about 1.5" lift
Bilstein 5125s on the rear.

That's a good lift, shouldn't have CBC, and will maintain a mostly stock ride. Then, if after a while, you decide you need more capacity, you can look into Alcans or the OME leaves. The 5100s in the front can be used up to 2" lift and with aftermarket UCAs, a 1/2" thick spacer on top and the shocks set to about an inch of lift, they rise and perform pretty good. I'm pretty sure you can even add the OME coils too them to increase the front capacity.
caain and FLAX like this.

Mildly Demented...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

KT4OZ
Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 12:31 PM
Veteran
2011 Avalanche White Xterra S - Tonka

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytawn View Post
Regarding NissTech, that's where I got my parts, but I'm not sure what's going on with them right now. Their site had been down for "Maintenance" for several days, and now it goes to a GoDaddy page.
Their site is back up now. I'm thinking their host/server had problems.

NissTec Lifts

No matter where you go, there you are.
I never get lost, I have adventures.

Click Here for >
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 03:06 PM
2005 Red Brawn Xterra S 4x4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunnie View Post

NissTec Lifts
Yeah, it looks like it's up now. Does anyone else notice that the site layout is nearly identical to Welcome to Xterra Performance! When the NisTec site was down earlier this week, the "maintenance" page instructed people to go to the xterraperformance.com site. I'm really curious what's going on here. It seems like there is more going on here than host/server problems.

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 03:47 PM
2011 Lava Red Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by maytawn View Post
Yeah, it looks like it's up now. Does anyone else notice that the site layout is nearly identical to Welcome to Xterra Performance! When the NisTec site was down earlier this week, the "maintenance" page instructed people to go to the xterraperformance.com site. I'm really curious what's going on here. It seems like there is more going on here than host/server problems.
they also own xterraperformance.com, same people same shop!
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 04:25 PM
2005 Red Brawn Xterra S 4x4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunnie View Post

NissTec Lifts
Quote:
Originally Posted by envader View Post
they also own xterraperformance.com, same people same shop!
Interesting. I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 05:03 PM
2006 Granite Xterra S 4x4

I agree 100% with TerryD. I actually installed the 5100/AAL combo from PRG this month and now that it's finished (properly) I'm very happy. After 125,XXX miles I had some excessive dive/squat/body roll and the rear leaf springs could barely handle a neighborhood speed bump. At the 1.5 mark in the front my OEM coils are slightly stiffer but still give me a smooth ride.

As for the rear just swapping my factory overload leaf with the PRG it's much more secure and not bouncy at all. I have no armor and commute for school/work everyday in my car so I need road manners but now it is a little more capable off road.

If you think in the future you want to go bigger without spending too much I've heard good things from a few people using this set
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Steel-Compl...75.c100623.m-1
For $400 this is a steal so if the 1.5 inch lift isn't enough or you are able to make the X a dedicated fun rig you would only have to pay $700 total for 4-5 inches of lift
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 07:46 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2007 Midnight Blue ❌terra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAX View Post
I agree 100% with TerryD. I actually installed the 5100/AAL combo from PRG this month and now that it's finished (properly) I'm very happy. After 125,XXX miles I had some excessive dive/squat/body roll and the rear leaf springs could barely handle a neighborhood speed bump. At the 1.5 mark in the front my OEM coils are slightly stiffer but still give me a smooth ride.

As for the rear just swapping my factory overload leaf with the PRG it's much more secure and not bouncy at all. I have no armor and commute for school/work everyday in my car so I need road manners but now it is a little more capable off road.

If you think in the future you want to go bigger without spending too much I've heard good things from a few people using this set
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Steel-Compl...75.c100623.m-1
For $400 this is a steal so if the 1.5 inch lift isn't enough or you are able to make the X a dedicated fun rig you would only have to pay $700 total for 4-5 inches of lift
You shouldn't add this to another lift. Your lower ball joints and CVs won't take it. Anything over 2.5" at stock width without a drop bracket system is bad juju. I personally wouldn't run much over the 2.25" I'm running. It just stresses too much stuff.

Titan swapping it or running a drop bracket system are the only way to get over 3".

Mildly Demented...

KT4OZ
Build Thread:
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
2007 Super Black Xterra S 4x4

here is my ideal look, guys...

maybe somebody on here knows his set up.

edit: nvm, I found it.

2011 NISSAN XTERRA
Nissan Pro-4x 16x7 30
Goodyear Wrangler MTR 33"x12.5"
Nisstec Suspension Lift 3"

to me it seems functional, yet has a presence and that's what i also want. I dont know what specific Nisstec lift though, lots of types on nisstec site.

Last edited by onesight1; 10-20-2018 at 02:02 AM.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 02:54 AM Thread Starter
2007 Super Black Xterra S 4x4

just to be devils advocate here... you guys with the spacer lifts... specifically the 2-2.5" and shackles..... how bad is the CBC? Is it gonna sound like somebody tap dancing nonstop or is this noise only under big speed bumps at a decent speed?

Wondering if something like that can satisfy me enough (aesthetically) for the winter until I decide what I which way i wanna go with the lift kits. Ultra low bump stops should help if i do this..

Last edited by onesight1; 10-20-2018 at 03:09 AM.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 12:09 AM
Veteran
2012 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
TerryD has given some very solid advice on a decent place to start that won't break your bank or limit you much in the future if you're not looking to TS. If you decide to upgrade with UCAs and a new leaf pack, you're really only out the cost of the SAAL from PRG (and it likely will have sagged by then anyway). I would caution you to check how much your rear leaves have sagged already though, because a SAAL might not cut it if they are pretty bad.

The only reason I didn't start with what he recommends is that I had barely 30k on my 4600s and I'm cheap. I did install bumpstops on my stock UCAs and I never notice any CBC. It's definitely a 'mall crawler' lift and I'll be upgrading when the suspension is shot.

The suspension thread has a lot of great info in it. There are many members in Denver so I'd think someone would be willing to lend a hand. You sound like you want to do this right the first time. With the ~$1200 or so you mentioned, you should be able to do that and meet your needs well. It won't be a 3-4" TS monster, but it will look and ride much nicer than a ~$250 budget lift.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

My X,

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Suspension & Steering

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode