Rear Bumpstop Issue - Page 2 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 06:54 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2007 Midnight Blue ❌terra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase5Hart View Post
I noticed the same in my Radflos from PRG and will be going with longer radflos in the rear next time around, as for the timbren questions i talked to maxterra and they should be good up to 4” easy. He said he’s run them for 3 years with no problem
My shock combo seems to be about right. I actually had to slightly compress my Rads to get the bolt in them when I was assembling my rear suspension. And fully flexed, I've still got some up travel on the shocks left when I'm against the bumps. I think that'll be good since you'll need a little more up travel to compress both sides of the rear at the same time and also if I hit really hard, the Timbrens will have a chance to absorb a lot of that energy before the shocks reach their on-rod bumps.

Mildly Demented...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

KT4OZ
Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 10:53 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
2012 Lava Red ❌terra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryD View Post
You need to trim those u-bolts for one thing. That length of them is probably all that's saved you from crushing a shock though.
He wouldn't be hitting the bump stop if the U-bolts were hitting something.

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 11:04 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
2015 Silver Lhtg ❌terra Pro-4X 6MT & 2007 Avalanche White S 5AT 4x4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZheKing View Post
He wouldn't be hitting the bump stop if the U-bolts were hitting something.
the u-bolts hit the bump stop....

- J.J. Watt
”You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.”

and

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 11:17 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
2012 Lava Red ❌terra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsexton View Post
the u-bolts hit the bump stop....
I'm pretty sure the bump stop comes down in the middle of the u bolts, on the axle (or in the middle of the plate in this case since it's a flip kit), if it came down else where, that would defeat the purpose, but I reserve the right to be wrong, just seems like a bump stop would be lined up with the axle, and not off kilt on the bolts (even on a non flipped OEM configuration), as that would defeat the purpose.

Last edited by ZheKing; 08-01-2018 at 11:21 AM.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 12:08 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2015 Silver Lhtg ❌terra Pro-4X 6MT & 2007 Avalanche White S 5AT 4x4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZheKing View Post
I'm pretty sure the bump stop comes down in the middle of the u bolts, on the axle (or in the middle of the plate in this case since it's a flip kit), if it came down else where, that would defeat the purpose, but I reserve the right to be wrong, just seems like a bump stop would be lined up with the axle, and not off kilt on the bolts (even on a non flipped OEM configuration), as that would defeat the purpose.
when it flexes out, the u bolts hit first.

- J.J. Watt
”You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.”

and
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 12:50 PM
Supporting Member
2015 Glacier White ❌terra Pro-4X

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase5Hart View Post
I noticed the same in my Radflos from PRG and will be going with longer radflos in the rear next time around, as for the timbren questions i talked to maxterra and they should be good up to 4” easy. He said he’s run them for 3 years with no problem
Is that with the full SES kit? Meaning using the harder "puck" spacer also, or just the compressible parts of the kit?

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Suspension & Steering

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode