Titan Swap Adventure - Page 3 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-21-2018, 07:20 PM
NewX’er 4life
2015 Super Black ❌terra Pro-4X 6MT Limited

Garage
But we already determined these would bind in the tundra setup thread
RikRong likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-21-2018, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Veteran
2007 Silver Lightning Xterra Off Road 6MT

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHaynesUSA View Post
what kind of UCAs are those?
Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhullD View Post
But we already determined these would bind in the tundra setup thread
Care to mention another budget solution? I just wanted something that I knew would work and I'm not gonna jump it at the moment

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

: 392

Got extra time and money? Start Here:
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-21-2018, 07:49 PM
NewX’er 4life

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_attack View Post
Stock

Care to mention another budget solution? I just wanted something that I knew would work and I'm not gonna jump it at the moment
I know but you could have just done it right the first time and saved a lot of headache. I feel for you lol! I took a chance with my Moogs and posted it so people wouldn't make the same mistake and dissemble/reassemble the setup (or pay someone to do it). One plus to this is I bet you are pretty fast at changing the coils now
RikRong and GDPearson like this.

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Update: bought some rough country uca's from chase. They will need new bushings but I'm up for a challenge and I never should have bothered with the stock titan uca's.

The swap is done. Front setup measures 26" hub to fender and so does the back.

The setup for the back is now deaver daal, prg shackle at highest setting, along with the helwig half add-a-leaf whose model number I can't remember. I can torque the helwig more if I want to but for today I'm happy.

Anyways here's a pic

Oh yeah I drove it 15 miles today and the darn cv popped out of the r180 and after fussing with it in the gas station parking lot for 20 minutes I just pulled it and carried on my way. Wish I could say I had 3 wheel drive now but sadly I am down to 2wd.

Any ideas why the cv would just pop out? I believe I am at 4" of suspension lift. I'll take a look at it tomorrow but tonight I'm beat and need a cold one.

Overall my ride is now super nice and I'm so happy with less body roll and better bump handling than I had with poor stock suspension with 136,000 hard miles on it.
LBX, AlbatrossCafe and GDPearson like this.

post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 09:53 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

2011 Metallic Green ❌terra PRO-4X T-Swap'd

Wow haha you can't catch a break. Looks good though! Need some bigger tires to fill that gap in the hub!
zach_attack likes this.

Build Page -

Trip Photos Page -

"Mods first - life later."
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 09:55 PM
NewX’er 4life

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_attack View Post
Update: bought some rough country uca's from chase. They will need new bushings but I'm up for a challenge and I never should have bothered with the stock titan uca's.

The swap is done. Front setup measures 26" hub to fender and so does the back.

The setup for the back is now deaver daal, prg shackle at highest setting, along with the helwig half add-a-leaf whose model number I can't remember. I can torque the helwig more if I want to but for today I'm happy.

Anyways here's a pic

Oh yeah I drove it 15 miles today and the darn cv popped out of the r180 and after fussing with it in the gas station parking lot for 20 minutes I just pulled it and carried on my way. Wish I could say I had 3 wheel drive now but sadly I am down to 2wd.

Any ideas why the cv would just pop out? I believe I am at 4" of suspension lift. I'll take a look at it tomorrow but tonight I'm beat and need a cold one.

Overall my ride is now super nice and I'm so happy with less body roll and better bump handling than I had with poor stock suspension with 136,000 hard miles on it.
The retaining clip is probably FUBAR'd or something. You'll have to take a closer look.
zach_attack likes this.

post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 10:29 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2015 Silver Lhtg ❌terra Pro-4X 6MT & 2007 Avalanche White S 5AT 4x4

Garage
You probably assembled the cage in the cv backwards.

- J.J. Watt
”You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.”

and
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 10:33 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

2007 Avalanche White ❌terra S-TSWAP

Send a message via Skype™ to Chase5Hart
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsexton View Post
You probably assembled the cage in the cv backwards.
they are assembled correct, I did them before selling to him, and ran them no problem for 2 months. I'm guessing the retaining clip is loose (maybe when i removed them from my r180), or it wasn't seated in the indent on the shaft part going into the diff when pressed in. Either that or CV angle, as for the inside assembly of the shafts they were triple checked and run by me with no issues in both 2wd and 4wd while wheeling.
zach_attack likes this.

Click Here for my Build >
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 06:30 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Thanks for the comments. I have my stock cv's still too so I'm gonna think on it a few days and take a real close look at those clips. I know it was on there when I put it in but maybe it didn't get a chance to seat perfectly right.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Suspension & Steering

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode