Long Arm Suspension? - Page 2 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2017, 08:24 PM
Supporting Member
2011 Brilliant Silver ❌terra Pro-4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase5Hart View Post
thats gonna be like 13k to SAS an xterra
Keep going there big fella..... more like 20k to do it right.
NOAHVT and AlbatrossCafe like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Everything happens for a reason .... Sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and make bad decisions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2017, 09:03 PM
2012 Avalanche White Xterra S

So, something like this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
AlbatrossCafe likes this.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2017, 09:12 PM
NewX’er 4life
2015 Super Black ❌terra Pro-4X 6MT Limited

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM1RU View Post
The Dirt King long travel kit doesn’t really add any more total wheel travel than a regular titan Swap with the correct components..
The standard Dirt King long travel kit for the Titan is 14" of travel so it is a little more than we can achieve with the regular Titan swap and radflos or SAW's which I believe is 12". This is what they claim though, you still need bumpstops and limit straps which would affect this. You would be 6" wider on each side as well. If you go with the Race Kit then it's 16-18" of travel and 8.5" wider (+ the 6" from the Titan swap for a total of 14.5" wider than a standard Xterra). I would not want to be 8.5" wider than I am, but some like the Prerunner look.

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2017, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Noobie

Ewww lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourxfunk View Post
So, something like this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2017, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Noobie

So I know a SAS for my 01 is not going to exceed 6k knowing 20k is what I'm looking at for my 2011 I don't think it's worth a SAS. Might do a T swap. Been looking at it and it's very reasonable and easy imo.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 12:04 PM
Veteran
2015 Metallic Blue Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Titan swap for your 2nd gen, straight up, is going to be closer to a mid-travel kit, unless you start swapping long-travel parts for a Titan. There used to be a bolt on long-travel kit for the first gens, but I don't think it's available anymore. Metal Alien in NV has a Titan swapped first gen Frontier and it's a desert beast, but it was $$$$. UltraPC40 has the SLR kit (the long-travel kit that's no longer available), but I'm having trouble finding a build thread for him. I'm not sure what you're going for, crawling or speed?

Fully Titan Swapped 1st Gen - Nissan Frontier Forum

R. Long
Build Thread-->

SoCal Club Xterra -->
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 12:43 PM
NewX’er 4life
2015 Super Black ❌terra Pro-4X 6MT Limited

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRong View Post
Titan swap for your 2nd gen, straight up, is going to be closer to a mid-travel kit, unless you start swapping long-travel parts for a Titan. There used to be a bolt on long-travel kit for the first gens, but I don't think it's available anymore. Metal Alien in NV has a Titan swapped first gen Frontier and it's a desert beast, but it was $$$$. UltraPC40 has the SLR kit (the long-travel kit that's no longer available), but I'm having trouble finding a build thread for him. I'm not sure what you're going for, crawling or speed?

Fully Titan Swapped 1st Gen - Nissan Frontier Forum
If you search Metalgwar youtube you will find his channel with some videos up during the build process and doing some tests/runs in the desert. Sweet machine. He is well over 25K into that build.
RikRong likes this.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Suspension & Steering

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode