Updated Sleeping Solution for 2018 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Veteran
2014 Silver Lightning Xterra S 4x4

Garage
Updated Sleeping Solution for 2018

For those wishing a simple sleeping solution, take a look at what I found on Amazon today.

Basically, this is an two part inflatable mattress with an included inflatable support.
This system was designed to be used as a backseat sleep system for a car, but you could just as easily use it in our Xterra.

The inflatable support would take the place of using the "Action Packers" which were all familiar with.
In addition, you gain an inflatable mattress which can be laid down lengthwise for additional sleeping comfort.

Lastly, this system will take up minimal space when camping as it can be deflated when not in use.

Ok, there are several designs which can be found on Amazon that may be an even better design than this one.
For those willing to search, let us know if you come across something better.

Link

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...b792ef26df6d9c
eighty likes this.

“All that the South has ever desired was that the Union as established by our forefathers should be preserved and that the government as originally organized should be administered in purity and truth.”
Robert E. Lee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 08:29 PM
Veteran
2010 X

That’s an interesting option but 57” is too short for most people I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just a Hunter likes this.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
What?

Aren't we all 4'8" or less.

The support was what caught my eye.
Your right, the mattress is best left to children.

“All that the South has ever desired was that the Union as established by our forefathers should be preserved and that the government as originally organized should be administered in purity and truth.”
Robert E. Lee

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 01:59 PM
Veteran
2010 X

I kinda like this idea, truck bedz.

If I could find a way to keep it setup and have storage..

mtnbound likes this.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 02:25 PM
Veteran
2006 Avalanche White Xterra S 4x4

that would be great if you HAD to sleep in a CAR. but the x has such better sleeping options i would only be inclined to use that if for some reason you COULD NOT fold down the seats.

i much prefer sleeping in the X with the seats folded. its almost a perfect bed.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 06:08 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbound View Post
that would be great if you HAD to sleep in a CAR. but the x has such better sleeping options i would only be inclined to use that if for some reason you COULD NOT fold down the seats.

i much prefer sleeping in the X with the seats folded. its almost a perfect bed.
I suspect you missed an important point regarding my origional post.
When the rear seats are dropped most people will still desire an extra foot of room(unless your a rather short man).

For this reason, Xterra owners will drop their rear seat's and place two action packers in front of the rear seats as an extended platform.

https://www.thenewx.org/forum/pictur...ictureid=39314

Yes, the product which I shared was designed to support a mattress in the back seat of a car, but it could also take the place of the Action Packers which are currenly being used in our Xterras. Throw away the small air mattress which is included if you so wish, the mattress support is what of need.

The action packers can serve the purpose of adding extra storage and may yet be the best option available.
However, action packers are getting harder to find, and those which have different needs may find this item to provide another option to extend their sleeping platform.
eighty likes this.

Robert E. Lee

Last edited by Just a Hunter; 11-20-2018 at 06:13 AM.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 10:30 AM
TNX Realm Noobie
2012 Brilliant Silver Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Where are you getting that extra space? When I fold my seats down there is no space there. the seat bottoms fold up and that serves as the backrest (headboard) of my bed. I could use an extra couple inches though as I sleep diagonal in the back to really stretch out.

stockhardcorexterra
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 10:35 AM
TNX Realm Noobie
2012 Brilliant Silver Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Also good luck on the truck bedz. they have been out of stock for 3 years or more. I bought a vinyl one as a test which worked beautifully till the vinyl leaked. (expected) and now want to upgrade to the expedition version. I've been on there list for years. They are basically out of production. If you see some in stock let me know

stockhardcorexterra
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 10:36 AM
2011 Lava Red Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockhardcore xterra View Post
Where are you getting that extra space? When I fold my seats down there is no space there. the seat bottoms fold up and that serves as the backrest (headboard) of my bed. I could use an extra couple inches though as I sleep diagonal in the back to really stretch out.

stockhardcorexterra
I'm pretty sure most people just completely take the back seats out using the red levers.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 11:38 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
2012 Lava Red ❌terra S

Garage

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Interior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode