Rockford Fosgate Aux Input Question - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2010, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Veteran
2007 Altima SL

Rockford Fosgate Aux Input Question

Since the 2005 Xterra's w/ the Rockford Fosgate setup didn't come with the Aux input on the dash, does anyone know if it's possible to simply get an OEM Aux input from say, a 2007 Xterra w/ the Rockford Fosgate system and swap it over? The head units are the exact same so I don't see why not. I just didn't know what the wiring was like for the Aux input. Does it go straight from head unit to the aux input jack or does it go from aux input jack to the RF amp then to the head unit?

X_Terra05 has an 05 w/ the RF system but no Aux input and I have an aux input that's no longer being used because I have an aftermarket head unit. I was just wondering if it'd be possible to give him my aux input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2010, 04:50 PM
Veteran
2005 Xterra SE

I wanted to do the same thing so I called a Nissan by me find out. I asked him if I could buy the input and hook it up to my existing 05 RF head unit. He said no, I would need an entirely new system that would cost me $2000 WTF. I didn't call any other dealers myself. I wonder if calling NNA would result in atleast a more precise answer. I asked him why it wouldn't work and he said that it is entirely different system. I highly doubt that but I am not sure what the solution would be to add one. If you figure this out I would love to know because this on my to do list because the last thing I wanna spend money on right now is a new head unit, the stock system is fine for me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Veteran
2007 Altima SL

I definitely don't think it'd require a whole new system. I know there's a separate plug on the back of the head unit for the aux input. I am thinking it should just be a simple plug in but who knows....

Old 04-29-2010, 05:40 PM
Veteran
2006 4Runner Limited

PAC Unit will provide the '05 RF Head Unit with two (2) aux inputs.

Its like $70...plug-and-play

http://www.amazon.com/AAI-NIS2-Auxil.../dp/B00065L0C6

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Death by BBQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangars View Post
...it all turned out pretty sweet for the internets in the end. A young man learned something that day, and an old man gave some real meaning to his tshirt.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:44 PM
Veteran
2005 Xterra SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIEBS View Post
PAC Unit will provide the '05 RF Head Unit with two (2) aux inputs.

Its like $70...plug-and-play

http://www.amazon.com/AAI-NIS2-Auxil.../dp/B00065L0C6
X2, that is what I have and it works great!

This is what I'm thinking about upgrading to though.

http://www.amazon.com/PAC-uPAC-NIS1-.../dp/B001IF0BOG

It gives an Aux as well as iPod control. But PAC doesn't list the xterra as a model that it works with. Then again they didn't list the AAI-NIS2 as working with the xterra either, and it works great!

On the original subject though, I would think you could just check it out and try it. I would think it would work, but who knows until we try!
Old 04-29-2010, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Veteran
2007 Altima SL

I appreciate the suggestion, but this is free......just seeing if it can be done since I have a perfectly good OEM aux input not being used in my truck and his doesn't have one.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator
2005 Night Armor ❌terra Off-Road Hippo

Garage
Send a message via AIM to hattrik21 Send a message via Yahoo to hattrik21 Send a message via Skype™ to hattrik21
Pull both radios out and see if the plugs are the same on the back. If they are I would think it would work. It takes about 2 min to remove the radio so it should be a quick look.

Click Here for >

-----------
Daniel
Old 04-29-2010, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Veteran
2007 Altima SL

They are the same...that I know. The question is what does the harness look like for the aux input? Is it just a 2' wire going directly from the jack on the dash to the back of the head unit or is it a 20' harness going to the head unit, the amp, etc...

I was hoping someone out there had actually removed their whole aux input for similar reason(s).
Old 04-30-2010, 09:46 AM
Veteran
2006 4Runner Limited

I cant imagine it going through the amp and everything. But there is no AUX button on the '05 head unit, right?

The pac unit utilizes the 2nd and 3rd radio options (A-B-C button) to create aux inputs.

But typically a factory stereo with aux input has an AUX button to activate it... no?

- Death by BBQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangars View Post
...it all turned out pretty sweet for the internets in the end. A young man learned something that day, and an old man gave some real meaning to his tshirt.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Veteran
2007 Altima SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIEBS View Post
I cant imagine it going through the amp and everything. But there is no AUX button on the '05 head unit, right?

The pac unit utilizes the 2nd and 3rd radio options (A-B-C button) to create aux inputs.

But typically a factory stereo with aux input has an AUX button to activate it... no?
Ahh..well that answers it for me. I didn't realize the 05's didn't even have the Aux button. Guess I didn't pay enough attention. At first glance they look identical but after looking at it, I can see how they moved the Scan/Rpt button over one, moved the display button up to join the clock button, then added the AUX button where the Scan/Rpt was.

No Aux:

W/ Aux:

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Electrical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in