Please Help Me Find What Part This Is - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By General_Tarfun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie
2014 Xterra

Please Help Me Find What Part This Is

Hi! I am finishing up an HIG retrofit. After I made all the connections, I tested out the lights and found that the high and low beams were reversed. After a little searching, I found that I may need to switch the pins around that connect to the stock harness, similar to this video:
When trying to remove these pins to switch them around, I ended up busting one. The local auto parts store did not have a suitable replacement. Can anyone point me in the right direction on what part this is, exactly, so that I can order it and finally finish up my project? Many thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 02:59 AM
Noobie
2011 Xterra S 4WD

I don't see any pictures. But, maybe you can jump the two wires without going through the socket.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 10:06 AM
Veteran
2011 Avalanche White Xterra S - Tonka

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwadam View Post
Hi! I am finishing up an HIG retrofit. After I made all the connections, I tested out the lights and found that the high and low beams were reversed. After a little searching, I found that I may need to switch the pins around that connect to the stock harness, similar to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkg9iAiqyCw
When trying to remove these pins to switch them around, I ended up busting one. The local auto parts store did not have a suitable replacement. Can anyone point me in the right direction on what part this is, exactly, so that I can order it and finally finish up my project? Many thanks for the help.
Hello local Pick-a-Part.

No matter where you go, there you are.
I never get lost, I have adventures.

Click Here for >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 10:33 AM
Veteran
2006 Super Black Xterra S

Garage
The part you need is a male 9007 Headlight socket with pigtails, just cut off the one you messed up and splice this one in. Technically the pins can be replaced but unless you have professional tool for making the pin to wire connection it's a better idea to just buy it with that already done.
Brunnie and Leonard4X4 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 02:25 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2012 Lava Red ❌terra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Tarfun View Post
The part you need is a male 9007 Headlight socket with pigtails, just cut off the one you messed up and splice this one in. Technically the pins can be replaced but unless you have professional tool for making the pin to wire connection it's a better idea to just buy it with that already done.
If the pins are fine I wouldn't even cut it off. I'd finish depinning it and repin in a new blank one.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 02:38 PM
Veteran
2006 Super Black Xterra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZheKing View Post
If the pins are fine I wouldn't even cut it off. I'd finish depinning it and repin in a new blank one.
OP said he broke one off.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 11:44 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
2012 Lava Red ❌terra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Tarfun View Post
OP said he broke one off.
i read it as he busted the plastic part. I read it wrong.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Electrical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode