Clutch Pedal Bushing - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By BowHunTerra

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2018, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
2005 Avalanche White Xterra S 6MT

Clutch Pedal Bushing

I need a little help, guys & gals. I've searched here & the web and called a few dealerships, but cannot get any information or part number. The plastic bushing from my clutch linkage to the pedal is crapped out & now has a bit of slop & the cruise has trouble coming/staying on. I call lift the pedal with my foot to engage the cruise switch, but it vibrates down on less than smooth roads. It's a simple fix, just can't find the definitive part. Can anybody help me out with a part number or link?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2018, 01:44 PM
Veteran
2011 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X 6MT

Garage
https://www.enissanparts.com/nissanp...&siteid=216803

If this doesn't clear it up, Brian at Cherry Hill Nissan ( @Jerseyparts ) is very helpful and can sometimes find stuff, and when he does you can buy it and he will ship it to you.

Last edited by Airmapper; 09-25-2018 at 01:47 PM.
Old 09-25-2018, 01:53 PM
Veteran
2011 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X 6MT

Garage
Seems like there are some ghetto fixes for this as well if I recall. Something involving a dime and tape maybe? It's a pretty common issue, mine does it just not bad enough I've tried to fix it yet. Search for it some more on here with some creative terms and focusing on cruise control or failure to start issues, and there might be more info scattered about.

Old 09-25-2018, 04:45 PM
2014 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by PebblePimp View Post
I need a little help, guys & gals. I've searched here & the web and called a few dealerships, but cannot get any information or part number. The plastic bushing from my clutch linkage to the pedal is crapped out & now has a bit of slop & the cruise has trouble coming/staying on. I call lift the pedal with my foot to engage the cruise switch, but it vibrates down on less than smooth roads. It's a simple fix, just can't find the definitive part. Can anybody help me out with a part number or link?
I might be misunderstanding your problem, but if the only issue you are having is the cruise control not coming (or staying) on, then that can be fixed without any new parts. Just move the switch-sensor (or whatever it is called) a bit forward so that the pin is pushed in when the pedal is fully let off. There is a locknut, untighten that and turn the switch so that it moves forward (you might need to unplug the cable from it) and then retighten/reconnect.
Old 09-26-2018, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmapper View Post
Seems like there are some ghetto fixes for this as well if I recall. Something involving a dime and tape maybe? It's a pretty common issue, mine does it just not bad enough I've tried to fix it yet. Search for it some more on here with some creative terms and focusing on cruise control or failure to start issues, and there might be more info scattered about.
I've already got the dime mod for a temp solution to my cruise kicking off.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowHunTerra View Post
I might be misunderstanding your problem, but if the only issue you are having is the cruise control not coming (or staying) on, then that can be fixed without any new parts.
The cruise issue is a byproduct of my pedal problem. The bushing that goes between the pedal itself & the pin that attaches the linkage to the pedal has a (essentially) a split & is allowing free play at the linkage end. It's not much movement at the pin (about halfway up the back of the clutch pedal) but translates into more at the pedal pad. It looks to be the #46540A pin where my issue is.
Old 09-26-2018, 03:50 PM
2014 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by PebblePimp View Post
The cruise issue is a byproduct of my pedal problem. The bushing that goes between the pedal itself & the pin that attaches the linkage to the pedal has a (essentially) a split & is allowing free play at the linkage end. It's not much movement at the pin (about halfway up the back of the clutch pedal) but translates into more at the pedal pad. It looks to be the #46540A pin where my issue is.
Is it this bushing? -> https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/part...535-ea000.html
PebblePimp likes this.
Old 09-27-2018, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowHunTerra View Post
I think it might be, but it doesn't appear to be heading for the same spot as the pin (to me, at least). It almost looks like it's the spring bushing. Thank you, BowHunTerra, for the clearest diagram I've seen so far. It will sure give me something to work with. I didn't have time to do more searching yesterday because of work.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Powertrain & Driveline

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in