Rear Axle Swap - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
2007 Cloud White Xterra SE 2wd

Garage
Rear Axle Swap

I have a 2007 SE auto 2wd with c200 (2.94). I am in process of acquiring parts to long-travel my X and figured it would be easier to swap the rear axle assembly for one that contains the m226 differential. I found one on eBay but the only info the guy has is that it's from a 2009 4x4. He also provided a vin 5N1AN08W49C009966.
So my question is, will this work to be a direct bolt on swap? I plan to re-gear to accustom my Toyo 35s. Thanks and sorry if this is a noob question..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 03:09 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2011 Avalanche White ❌terra Pro-4X

Garage
All though I'm fairly sure it is. I can't confirm your question. But, I am interested interested in hearing from someone who can.

Also, I am close by if you need help with this mod.

Do you have titan length brake lines yet? May be a good Idea with long travel. What brackets do you plan on using for the E brake cable?

Click Here for >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Build Thread
(StormTrooper Gretchen (big,white,fat,ugly,and German): 2015 BMW R1200GS Adventure White
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 11:08 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2015 Brilliant Silver 6MT Pro-4X & 2007 Avalanche White S 5AT 4x4 ❌terras

Garage
Need to verify the number of bolt holes on the companion flange. I believe 2wd normally has 4 and 4wd has 6 (u joint yoke vs cv at rear of DS).

If they both have the right number, then yes, it should be bolt in. Watch your DS length. The pinion of the m226 is longer than it is on the c200k.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- J.J. Watt
”You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.”

and

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureRider81 View Post
All though I'm fairly sure it is. I can't confirm your question. But, I am interested interested in hearing from someone who can.

Also, I am close by if you need help with this mod.

Do you have titan length brake lines yet? May be a good Idea with long travel. What brackets do you plan on using for the E brake cable?
I have titan brake lines for the front. I have the Dirt King Long Travel Race Kit. Will I need titan length brake lines for the rear as well? I was planning on running Xterra brakes with the BORA adapters I have that will allow me to put 6x5.5 wheels on. I have someone that I plan on doing the install along with fabricating some shock hoops and engine cage. I tried to get a quote from BTF but haven't had much luck on getting a reply back.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsexton View Post
Need to verify the number of bolt holes on the companion flange. I believe 2wd normally has 4 and 4wd has 6 (u joint yoke vs cv at rear of DS).

If they both have the right number, then yes, it should be bolt in. Watch your DS length. The pinion of the m226 is longer than it is on the c200k.
From the picture it shows 6 bolts on the companion flange.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 06:48 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2015 Brilliant Silver 6MT Pro-4X & 2007 Avalanche White S 5AT 4x4 ❌terras

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by phx770 View Post
From the picture it shows 6 bolts on the companion flange.
Did you check yours?

- J.J. Watt
”You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.”

and
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Mine has 4 bolts.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Powertrain & Driveline

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode