33inch Tires on Non-OR AT - Page 2 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 01:51 PM
Veteran
2010 Night Armor Xterra Off Road

Garage
Swapping to an M226 will add a locker and better performance(gears) than your current setup. I put 255/85/16's on my truck and felt a noticeable difference even with my 3.36 gears. I'll be swapping to a 3.69 ratio soon.

SPC UCA's|Ext. Radflo 2.0's|Bilstein 5165's|DAAL|HeftyFab sliders
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 06:38 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2007 Midnight Blue ❌terra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Swapping to an M226 will add a locker and better performance(gears) than your current setup. I put 255/85/16's on my truck and felt a noticeable difference even with my 3.36 gears. I'll be swapping to a 3.69 ratio soon.
You can get the M226 rear from a non-P4X/OffRoad with a manual transmission and you get 3.54s without a locker.

Mildly Demented...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

KT4OZ
Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 09:28 PM
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryD View Post
You can get the M226 rear from a non-P4X/OffRoad with a manual transmission and you get 3.54s without a locker.
You can, but what's the point if you're going through the trouble?

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 06:53 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
2007 Midnight Blue ❌terra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
You can, but what's the point if you're going through the trouble?
If you plan on regearing to 4.10 or 4.56 in the future anyways, you can get the M226 and lower gears cheaper for the time being then just go with the ARB when you regear since you're going to have to do a gear setup anyways. Then you're not stuck with different length axle shafts like the factory locker has too.

Mildly Demented...

KT4OZ
Build Thread:
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 01:01 PM
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryD View Post
If you plan on regearing to 4.10 or 4.56 in the future anyways, you can get the M226 and lower gears cheaper for the time being then just go with the ARB when you regear since you're going to have to do a gear setup anyways. Then you're not stuck with different length axle shafts like the factory locker has too.
I see your point. Not sure if it's really much savings in the long haul. But it's another option. I think the 3.54 front diffs are a bit harder to come by though.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Powertrain & Driveline

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode