Front D/S Install - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By sketty20

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie
2006 Xterra Off Road

Front D/S Install

I cant remember which end the slip joint (rubber boot) goes on the front D/S. Service manual i own doesn't say. I cant seem to find any parts diagrams. Well i found one but it contradicts the way a guy shows in here with his write up.....

Please help, im pulling my hair out!

Thanks,
Mike
Terry likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 09:54 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2005 Night Armor ❌terra Off-Road - Overlanding Build

I’m not near my truck but based upon google images of Xterra Undercarriage it appears slip joint is towards the rear of the truck.

Support small businesses that support us! -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie
2006 Xterra Off Road

Yeah that's what the images showed me too.... but that one parts diagram from nissan usa showed otherwise. I ended up putting in boot toward rear as in peoples pics. Took it for a test drive in the mud and it seemed to work just fine. Highway speed, no noise, no vibrations and all seems well. The only hiccup from the night was my buddy saying " hey lets do down there and do donuts" lol. Little trail leading to an open field, little did i know on the other side of the hump was a muddy ditch and there was no way to get back up it without going into baja mode and more than likely breaking something.Bad idea when your somewhere your not very familiar with at 11pm. Lucky m buddy lived down the road and showed me and over grown exit out of the area... lol the **** i get myself into... oh and i got stuck in the flat spot unloading area cause i didnt have front D/S in and a trailer...

Link to nissan parts guide...

https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/part...370_A001,37320

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Powertrain & Driveline

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode